Michelle Obama wears ’second hand’ dress to Christmas celebrationDecember 18th, 2010 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 18 (ANI): Fashion icon and US First Lady Michelle Obama has once again set the style world abuzz by wearing a second-hand dress to a Christmas celebration in Washington.
According to seasoned observers, Mrs Obama is the first presidential wife in recent memory to wear a vintage outfit to a public event.
She donned a black 1950s frock made by the late American designer Norman Norelli, who is regarded as one of the most influential of his era.
The gown was bought from New York Vintage, Chelsea, for an estimated 2,500 dollars (1,600 pounds).
Jon Schneck, the co-owner of the shop, said he was “truly honoured” by Mrs Obama’s choice.
“Other dresses from our archive have been scheduled for use by the first lady later this year,” the Telegraph quoted him as telling the Huffington Post.
The event, a concert called Christmas In Washington, will be broadcast on American television next week. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama is a practical dresser - Feb 12, 2011
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama says Ikram Goldman is still her top style advisor - Feb 10, 2011
- Michelle Obama enjoys her day out at White House State banquet - Nov 25, 2009
- Michelle Obama's 'nude' dress sparks race row - May 20, 2010
- Exhibition Of Ball Gowns Of America’s First Ladies - Jan 14, 2011
- Sale of Princess Diana's Black Dress Fetches $276,000 - Jun 10, 2010
- Portman's Oscars dress sells for $50,000 - Mar 08, 2012
- US First Lady wears Alexander McQueen to state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Michelle Obama sports a $6,800 jacket - Jul 30, 2012
- Fergie's dress shocks all at Grammy Awards 2012 - Feb 13, 2012
- Michelle Obama dons Halston to celeb-studded White House Correspondents' Dinner - May 01, 2011
- First Lady In A Naeem Khan Creation - Nov 25, 2009
- Michelle Obama donates inaugural gown to educational facility Smithsonian - Mar 10, 2010
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: 1950s, american television, chelsea, christmas, christmas celebration, christmas in washington, co owner, dresses, fashion icon, frock, huffington post, london, memory, michelle obama, norelli, observers, schneck, style world, telegraph