Michelle Obama says she thinks about military families when she’s downJanuary 27th, 2011 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 27 (ANI): Michelle Obama has said that whenever she feels down or sorry for herself, she thinks of America’s military families.
The US First Lady told Oprah Winfrey on her talk show, to be aired on Thursday, that she ’sucks it up because of these families’, reports the Politico.
Wearing a sleeveless bright pink outfit, Michelle also said that she is impressed by the ’strength, their pride, their courage’ of the military families.
“Their willingness to sacrifice without complaint moves me every single time,” she said.
“Part of the challenge of getting the message out about military families is they never ask for help. They never ask for help because you don’t do that when you’re in the military. You get it done. That’s how you’re trained. That’s what you’re taught,” she added.
The first lady flew to Chicago last Friday to tape the show.
The appearance coincides with the White House’s unveiling of an initiative to help the nation’s service members and their families cope with wartime deployments and to help care for the troops when they return home from duty. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama: Tapes An Appearance For The Oprah Winfrey Show - Jan 22, 2011
- Spiderman 4: J.K. Simmons Discloses His Scrapped Character Arc - Jan 22, 2011
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Life in White House remains fairly private: Michelle Obama - May 05, 2011
- Oprah demands respect for Obama - Feb 12, 2011
- Michelle & Barack Obama grace Oprah Winfrey's show - May 03, 2011
- Oprah connects to Jaipur with salwar-kameez, social message (With Image) - Jan 22, 2012
- Michelle Obama To Tape For "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 22, 2011
- Lady Gaga wants to have a 'soccer team' of kids - Mar 16, 2012
- Oprah's warmth bowls over B-town celebs - Jan 17, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey says she advised Fergie not to appear on reality TV shows - Dec 28, 2010
- Michelle Obama to campaign for husband in 2012 presidential polls - Jan 29, 2011
- Michelle Obama 'to appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' - Jan 22, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey honored at Daytime Emmys - Jun 21, 2011
- Michelle Obama To Make An Appearance On "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 25, 2011