Michelle Obama says Ikram Goldman is still her top style advisorFebruary 10th, 2011 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 10 (ANI): First Lady Michelle Obama has said that she will not part ways with her stylist Ikram Goldman, despite the recent fashion controversy.
Mrs Obama was recently criticized over her choice to wear a gown by British designer Alexander McQueen to a state dinner with China President Hu Jintao.
Goldman, a Chicago boutique owner, has been helping Obama select her outfits since President Obama was inaugurated in 2009. She has been responsible for her many edgy looks, from her dresses from little-known designers like Thakoon to her unusual jewelry selections.
Mrs Obama told the Washington Post that she likes to wear American designers but is not above branching out across the Atlantic or the Pacific for a well-chosen look.
The factors that affect her style are the occasion and the weather.
“My decisions aren’t so complex. It’s really just sort of: ‘How cold is it? Do I have to stand outside?’ and ‘What am I going to use to cover my arms if I’m freezing so I’m not shivering while I have to give a speech?’ It’s really stuff like that,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama has new stylist? - Apr 14, 2011
- Michelle Obama's personal assistant is her new stylist - Feb 24, 2011
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama's wardrobe advisor to be honoured - Feb 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama is a practical dresser - Feb 12, 2011
- Lauren Bush thinks Michelle Obama's sense of style is great - Sep 15, 2010
- US First Lady wears Alexander McQueen to state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Gwen Stefani's stylist Andrea Liebermann launches her jewelry line - Nov 21, 2011
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Kate weds in white Sarah Burton gown (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Designer offers to make Middleton's bridal lingerie - Nov 27, 2010
- Jessie J wore Falguni-Shane creation at Diamond Jubilee celebration (With Images) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: alexander mcqueen, american designers, boutique owner, china president, first lady, goldman, hu jintao, jewelry selections, michelle obama, new york daily news, president hu jintao, state dinner, style advisor, stylist, thakoon, top style, unusual jewelry, washington post, weather, york daily news