Michelle Obama refuses to wear furJune 12th, 2009 - 2:41 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 12 (ANI): US First Lady Michelle Obama has pledged never to wear fur.
According to the Washington Times, a day after French First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy told PETA that she no longer wears real fur, Obama made her announcement.
“Mrs. Obama does not wear fur,” Us magazine quoted her deputy press secretary, Semonti Mustaphi, as saying.
Bruni-Sarkozy was targeted by PETA after she was photographed wearing what appeared to be fur. However, unlike her, Obama wasn’t targeted.
“We’ve never written to Michelle Obama about this issue because we have always known her to be fur-free,” said Amanda Schinke, media campaigns coordinator for PETA. (ANI)
- Book author defends sources over Michelle Obama 'hell' comment - Sep 18, 2010
- Michelle Obama White House 'hell' claim dismissed - Sep 17, 2010
- Michelle Obama becomes PETA's anti-fur model - unwillingly - Jan 06, 2010
- Carla Bruni-Sarkozy claims she wears fake furs - Jun 11, 2009
- Carla Bruni films Woody Allen cameo - Jul 28, 2010
- Carla Bruni delays launch of her new album for hubby - Apr 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama 'thinks being America's First Lady is 'hell' - Sep 16, 2010
- Carla Bruni-Sarkozy dismisses adultery rumours - Mar 11, 2010
- Director Woody Allen defends the French First Lady Carla Bruni - Sep 14, 2010
- Bruni camp releasing biography to clash with scathing unauthorised version - Sep 16, 2010
- Bruni camp releasing own biography to scupper scathing unauthorised version - Sep 16, 2010
- Woody Allen wants Michelle Obama for movie - Oct 09, 2011
- Carla Bruni offered role in 'CSI' - Aug 07, 2010
- Brigitte Bardot asks Bruni-Sarkozy to support bullfighting ban - Jul 18, 2009
- Pregnant pauses mar Carla Bruni's first eye to eye with new Brit PM's wife - Jun 19, 2010