Michelle Obama recycles first-day, First Lady dress for U.S. NU mission talkMay 6th, 2009 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 6 (ANI): US First Lady Michelle Obama has recycled a dress she wore during President Barack Obama’s first day in office, for a meet-and-greet at the U.S. mission to the UN on May 5.
Michelle picked the flowered Tracy Feith frock for the meet, and, in the evening, she changed into city-perfect cocktail attire, a stunning floor-length navy blue gown from high-end French designer Azzedine Alaia.
The gown was layered with a corset from her Chicago favourite, Peter Soronen - to deliver a keynote address at the Time 100 Most Influential People Awards at Time Warner Center.
At the podium, Obama’s voice quivered with emotion as she told the crowd she never imagined she’d be a role model for girls around the globe.
“Girls who possibly look at me and see something more for themselves, more than society expects of them. Girls who now think, maybe just maybe, anything is possible,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
“As global leaders, let’s not underestimate the power each of us has to change the world for someone - and let’s not be afraid to try,” she added. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama's dress designer hit by financial crunch - Oct 25, 2010
- Michelle Obama has new stylist? - Apr 14, 2011
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Michelle Obama wears $10 T-shirt to lunch with ex First Lady Nancy Reagan - Jun 06, 2009
- Carla Bruni admits she's locked in endless beauty contest with other First Ladies - Oct 07, 2009
- Michelle Obama wears 'second hand' dress to Christmas celebration - Dec 18, 2010
- Naomi Campbell opens up about career on catwalk - Sep 30, 2010
- Aniston gets Decade of Hotness award - Jun 06, 2011
- Beckinsale wears Indian designer - Aug 15, 2012
- Tracy Morgan slammed for over-sexed remarks about Michelle Obama - Apr 21, 2011
- Mrs 'O', how does your garden grow? - Oct 31, 2010
- Madonna's 'I feel fat' confession shocks Met Gala guests - May 04, 2011
- Dannii Minogue has a great fall! - Sep 13, 2012
- Hepburn's black Tiffany's dress voted greatest female screen outfit - May 28, 2010
- Style statement: Hillary back to conservative roots? - Jul 19, 2009
Tags: azzedine alaia, barack obama, blue gown, cocktail attire, corset, first lady, french designer, frock, global leaders, keynote address, lady dress, michelle obama, navy blue, new york daily news, podium, role model, time 100 most influential people, time warner center, tracy feith, york daily news