Michelle Obama “not the next Jackie O”: Designer Douglas HannantDecember 9th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 9 (ANI): Designer Douglas Hannant has taken a potshot at US First Lady Michelle Obama, insisting her style is not so impressive.
Hannant, who has dressed celebs like Charlize Theron, Beyonce and Sarah Jessica Parker, criticised Obama on being considered the epitome of style.
“Every one compares her to Jackie O - she is not the next Jackie O,” the New York Post quoted Hannat as saying.
Meanwhile, style bible Elle magazine has awarded first place in the category of “political chic” to Obama, and second to Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.
The magazine’s annual best-dressed list, which proclaimed that America’s First Lady is more chic than France’s Première Dame. (ANI)
- Michelle Obama pips Carla Bruni to top Elle's style list - Nov 28, 2009
- Carla Bruni admits she's locked in endless beauty contest with other First Ladies - Oct 07, 2009
- Hathaway, Obamas make it to Vanity Fair's 2009 International Best-dressed list - Aug 06, 2009
- Carla Bruni glams up NYC with black dress - Sep 24, 2009
- Lady Gaga among 'World's Best-Dressed Celebs' - Aug 05, 2010
- Kate Moss gets 'Best-Dressed Woman Of The Decade' title from Vogue - Nov 17, 2010
- Carla Bruni named best dressed woman - Aug 04, 2011
- Carla Bruni films Woody Allen cameo - Jul 28, 2010
- Book author defends sources over Michelle Obama 'hell' comment - Sep 18, 2010
- Carla Bruni says she has role in international politics - Apr 18, 2011
- Michelle Obama White House 'hell' claim dismissed - Sep 17, 2010
- TV presenter Alexa Chung pips Kate Moss to become 2009's Best Dressed - Dec 24, 2009
- Michelle Obama sends stocks, sweet potatoes soaring - in style (Profile) - Nov 04, 2010
- Carla Bruni wears glasses to cultivate 'a more serious image' - May 20, 2010
- Kate Winslet, Michelle Obama among People's 2009 Best-Dressed Women - Sep 17, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,