Michelle Obama more popular than Barack: SurveyApril 24th, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, Apr 24 (ANI): US President Barack Obama’s approval rating might be strong, but a new survey has revealed that first lady Michelle is more popular than him.
In the USA TODAY/Gallup Poll survey, 79 percent people said they approve of the way Michelle Obama is handling the job of first lady. This tops her husband’s approval rating of 64 percent.
When asked about the first lady’s stronger showing, White House adviser David Axelrod joked in an interview, “Fortunately, she’s agreed not to run.”
While Barack’s rating shows a sharp partisan divide, Michelle’s appeal crosses party lines, reports The Chicago Sun Times.
Almost every Democrat expresses approval, 94 percent-1 percent. Even among Republicans, her approval rating is a muscular 64 percent-17 percent.
The poll of 1,051 adults has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. (ANI)
- Over five in ten Americans still view George W. Bush as unpopular: USA Today/Gallup Poll - Nov 11, 2010
- Obama's second year approval ratings most partisan and polarized since 1955: Poll - Feb 05, 2011
- Obama slightly ahead of Romney in poll of polls - Jul 06, 2012
- Only 13 percent of Americans polled approve of Congress - Dec 16, 2010
- Over 5 out of 10 young Americans back Obama: Gallup Poll - Oct 05, 2010
- Obama's approval ratings up after Osama bin Laden's death: Polls - May 04, 2011
- Obama approval rating drops in all states - Feb 24, 2011
- Polls estimate Obama's approval among Americans at 50 percent - Mar 16, 2011
- Obama gains popularity among young American voters: Poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Obama's job approval rating climbs to highest point in year to 53 percent - Jan 13, 2011
- Obama's ratings rise but still struggling to sell economic policies, find new polls - Feb 10, 2011
- First lady Michelle more popular than Obama - Oct 23, 2009
- Obama's ratings decline with 43 percent Americans opposing Afghan war - Aug 04, 2010
- Obama's state of the union address gets high ratings among Americans: Poll - Jan 30, 2011
- Poll: Health care reform is Barack Obama's best and worst - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: adults, approval rating, barack obama, chicago sun times, david axelrod, democrat, first lady, gallup poll, job, margin of error, michelle obama, new survey, percentage points, poll survey, republicans, usa today, white house, white house adviser