Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton bury the hatchet with hugs, air kissesMarch 12th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 12 (ANI): U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton dissolved the unpleasantness between them in a hearty round of hugs and air kisses at a high-profile State Department ceremony on Wednesday.
Party insiders recently revealed that Michelle and Hillary could not abide each other.
However, the two of them showered each other with praises during Wednesdays event.
While Hillary praised Michelles “grace and her wisdom”, the latter called her “such a committed person, friend, supporter to me.”
As Michelle swept into State’’s ornate Benjamin Franklin Room, America’’s top diplomat greeted her “very special guest” to honour International Women’’s Day.
They presented awards to eight women who advanced human rights around the world, including Wazma Frogh of Afghanistan, who has battled domestic violence and child rape in her country.
“Communities are only as strong as the health of their women. The difference between a strong family and a healthy family is often the presence of a strong woman,” the New York Daily News quoted Michelle as reminding her audience of about 200 diplomats and guests. (ANI)
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu arrives in the United States for talks, speeches - Nov 07, 2010
- US Surgeon General approves of Obama's fat-filled Super Bowl party - Feb 09, 2011
- Another pat down of diplomat in US, India takes up issue (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Hillary Clinton's mother dies at 92 - Nov 02, 2011
- Bush supporter Jessica Simpson sings for Michelle Obama - Apr 15, 2011
- Cops protest against Common's White House visit - May 12, 2011
- Resse Witherspoon says that Michelle Obama has stolen her stylish woman crown - Mar 15, 2010
- Another Indian diplomat 'patted down', issue taken up with US - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Larger than life': U.S. Ambassador Richard Holbrooke dead at 69 - Dec 14, 2010
- US regrets Indian envoy's frisking - Dec 10, 2010
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the Netherlands on Queen's Day - Apr 29, 2011
- A rising China good for US: Clinton - Mar 08, 2012
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- A very Happy Birthday to Jennifer Aniston - Feb 13, 2012
- Envoy's frisking: India threatens to review US diplomats' privileges (Lead) - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: benjamin franklin, benjamin franklin room, bury the hatchet, child rape, country communities, diplomat, diplomats, domestic violence, first lady, high profile, hillary clinton, international women, michelle obama, new york daily news, party insiders, praises, strong family, strong woman, wednesdays, york daily news