Michelle Obama gets special tribute at ‘Oscars of fashion world’June 16th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 16 (ANI): Michelle Obama received a special tribute for her stylistic contribution to the industry at ‘Oscars of fashion world’.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America honoured the First Lady with a Board of Directors Special Tribute at the Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall.
“Her meteoric rise in the world of fashion has echoed her husband in the world of politics,” the New York Daily News quoted council President Diane von Furstenberg as saying.
Though Michelle could not be present, her gratitude was conveyed in a taped message, in which she said: “This past year has been an extraordinary time for me. On behalf of women everywhere, I want to thank you for making fashion liberating, inspiring, but most of all, fun.”
Other high profile guests present at the awards gala included Blake Lively, Kerry Washington, Ashley Olsen, Claire Danes and Heidi Klum. (ANI)
- Proud Chelsea Clinton honours mom Hillary for being 'an inspiration' - Mar 13, 2011
- Lady Gaga named US style icon - Mar 19, 2011
- Heidi Klum Comes Up With Her Fashion Label - Oct 11, 2010
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen get fashion honour - Jul 22, 2009
- Michelle Obama responds to McQueen dress row - Feb 01, 2011
- Furstenberg likes dangerous jewellery - Jul 03, 2011
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- Diane Von Furstenberg Launches Its Pre-Fall Collection - Dec 15, 2010
- Heidi Klum loves Holmes clothing line - Jul 26, 2012
- Katie Holmes to be the new face of Ann Taylor - Jan 12, 2011
- Chelsea Clinton shows off engagement ring - Mar 16, 2010
- Courtney Love arrives after WWD's 100th anniversary party ends - Nov 04, 2010
- Fashion's Night Out By American Express - Sep 02, 2010
- Carla Bruni named best dressed woman - Aug 04, 2011
- Heidi Klum to launch own perfume - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: alice tully hall, ashley olsen, claire danes, council of fashion designers of america, council president, diane von furstenberg, fashion designers, fashion world, first lady, heidi klum, high profile, kerry washington, lincoln center, meteoric rise, michelle obama, new york daily news, oscars, profile guests, world of fashion, york daily news