Michelle Obama defends ‘fattening’ White House Super Bowl party menuFebruary 9th, 2011 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 09 (ANI): US First Lady Michelle Obama, who has been campaigning against childhood obesity for a year now, has defended the decision to serve bratwurst, cheeseburgers and deep dish pizza at the White House Super Bowl party over the weekend.
“I think I’ve always been very consistent on that front because that’s how I live my life,” the Politico quoted her as saying.
“It’s about balance. It’s always about balance.”
She said it’s “not realistic” to just eat healthy food all the time - especially on Super Bowl Sunday.
“I don’t even know what you’d have other than some hot dogs and some burgers for a Super Bowl party,” she said, noting that she uses the same everything-in-moderation approach in feeding her own children.
“As I tell my kids, …when you’re out with your friends on a weekend and you have pizza and ice cream for the entire weekend, you’ll still be okay. The problem is when that fun stuff becomes the habit,” she added. (ANI)
- US Surgeon General approves of Obama's fat-filled Super Bowl party - Feb 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama's breastfeeding initiative - Feb 18, 2011
- Life in White House remains fairly private: Michelle Obama - May 05, 2011
- Michelle Obama reveals she loves eating pie and deep-dish pizza - Aug 07, 2010
- Worked hard to play Monroe: Michelle Williams - Sep 15, 2011
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Salma won't go under the knife - Oct 13, 2011
- Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama in food fight with Sarah Palin - Dec 23, 2010
- Sarah Palin once promoted breastfeeding like Michelle Obama - Feb 19, 2011
- Nobody's more qualified for White House multitasking than "a woman, a mom": Palin - Feb 18, 2011
- Michelle Obama admits she's a "lover" of french fries - Sep 14, 2010
- Making Burton eat healthy food was a struggle: Norah - Jun 12, 2012
- Avril has a pizza named after her - Jul 18, 2011
- Michelle Obama dances to Beyonce as part of anti-obesity drive - May 04, 2011
Tags: bratwurst, burgers, cheeseburgers, childhood obesity, deep dish pizza, everything in moderation, first lady, fun stuff, habit, healthy food, hot dogs, michelle obama, super bowl, super bowl party menu, white house