Michelle Obama causes stir with new hair-doFebruary 21st, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 21 (ANI): US First Lady Michelle Obama caused a stir on February 20, when she appeared at an event with a new hair-do a pulled back look.
Barack Obamas wife, who usually keeps her hair styled straight or slightly flipped at the ends, appeared at the Department of Transportation wearing an up-do, a hairstyle she has donned at only a few occasions in the past.
The First Lady was there as part of a series of “pep talk” speeches at government agencies, wearing a signature brooch, a houndstooth blazer (by Chicago designer Peter Soronen) that she’’s worn before along with her pulled back hair do.
She styled her hair in the same fashion once during last year’’s Democratic National Convention, another time on the campaign trail on a boiling-hot July day in 2007, onstage with Oprah last February and at her wedding, in 1992.
The up-do of the most captivating First Lady of this generation has created waves among her loyal style followers.
“This up-do feels very soft, casual and easy,” the New York Daily News quoted Mary Tomer, founder of Mrs-O.org, a blog dedicated to the First Lady’’s outfits, as saying.
She added: “It’’s elegant without trying too hard. She’’s got this short jacket on and this really bold broach and so I think pulling her hair up keeps the whole look feeling very cohesive and polished.”
However, the White House declined to comment on the matter when it was flooded with calls on the change of look.
Many Washington insiders expressed shock at the flurry of attention.
“Jeez. She only pulled it back for one second, said a source. (ANI)
- 'Pant-less' Lady Gaga's shopping spree in Paris - Dec 24, 2010
- Michelle Obama has new stylist? - Apr 14, 2011
- Dita Von Teese steps out in see-through top - Apr 12, 2011
- Kimberly shows off her baby bump - Apr 22, 2011
- Michelle Obama's new hairdo creates a buzz - Jan 14, 2010
- Pregnant Kate Hudson spotted in see-through dress for theatre night out - May 02, 2011
- Meet the jeweller who has Michelle Obama's undivided attention - Dec 04, 2010
- Brand, Perry to have seven-day wedding in India - Oct 04, 2010
- Black Eyed Peas' Fergie is a blonde again - Aug 31, 2010
- Rihanna Coming Up With First Single Music Album 'Loud' In November - Oct 16, 2010
- Michelle Obama sports a $6,800 jacket - Jul 30, 2012
- Michelle Obama says Ikram Goldman is still her top style advisor - Feb 10, 2011
- Madeleine Albright's 'Read My Pins' Book and Exhibit - May 18, 2010
- New book celebrates Michelle Obama's style and wardrobe - Oct 25, 2009
- 'Song of Solomon' is Michelle Obama's favourite book - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: brooch, campaign trail, democratic national convention, department of transportation, first lady, followers, government agencies, hairstyle, houndstooth blazer, michelle obama, new hair, new york daily news, oprah, pep talk, peter soronen, speeches, tomer, washington insiders, waves, york daily news