Michelle more popular than Barack Obama:PollApril 3rd, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 3 (ANI): Barack Obama might be touted as the most powerful man in the world, but when it comes to popularity, the US President’s wife Michelle pips him to land the top spot, says a new survey.
In the new survey by Gallup, the First Lady beats her husband with a 72 percent favourable rating, as against his 69 percent.
“While the 3 percentage-point difference between the two favourable ratings is not statistically significant, Michelle Obama’s much lower unfavourable ratings compared with the president’s (17 percent vs. 28 percent) give her the clear edge in public favourability,” The Politico quoted the polling company as saying.
Michelle, who campaigned for her husband months at a stretch in Iowa, was a favourite amongst women.
Her much criticised directness and use of irony actually made her seem more authentic and easier to connect to for women in Iowa.
Gallup noted that the First ladies often poll higher than their husbands.
This “likely reflects that their role is far less controversial than that of the president, which often results in less-partisan ratings of the first lady,” Gallup noted. (ANI)
- Michelle, Hillary Clinton more popular than Obama - Dec 31, 2009
- Support for Obama hits new low point: Survey - Dec 15, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Palin's popularity plummets to all time low even among Republican voters, finds poll - Feb 15, 2011
- Obama's favourability finally gets boost following midterm election "shellacking": Poll - Nov 10, 2010
- Only 13 percent of Americans polled approve of Congress - Dec 16, 2010
- First lady Michelle more popular than Obama - Oct 23, 2009
- Clinton tops Obama and others in administration: Gallup - Apr 03, 2011
- Michelle Obama more popular than Barack: Survey - Apr 24, 2009
- Obama's second year approval ratings most partisan and polarized since 1955: Poll - Feb 05, 2011
- Michelle Obama sets women's temperatures rising - Mar 08, 2011
- Over 5 out of 10 young Americans back Obama: Gallup Poll - Oct 05, 2010
- Obama's ratings decline with 43 percent Americans opposing Afghan war - Aug 04, 2010
- Michelle Obama far more popular than US President: Poll - Oct 15, 2010
- Obama trails in swing states: Opinion poll - Dec 14, 2011