Michael Jackson to appear on ‘The X Factor’?March 13th, 2009 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 13 (IANS) Troubled pop legend Michael Jackson may make an appearance on the British musical talent show “The X Factor” later this year.
The show founder-judge Simon Cowell wants a big name to rival Britney Spears who made a surprise appearance on the show last year and pulled in millions of viewers. Now, Cowell has made it a priority to get Jackson on “The X Factor”, reports mirror.co.uk.
“Britney was a massive coup for Cowell. But he’s determined to raise the bar even higher and secure Jacko’s services,” said a source.
“He (Jackson) is perhaps one of the few artists who could outshine Britney. The only sticking point is that while Britney had her new album to promote, Jacko’s shows have sold out in minutes and don’t necessarily need the publicity. But Cowell won’t let that stop him. He is determined to get his man,” the source added.
The ‘King of Pop’ will be in London for his much-anticipated comeback concerts when the series takes off later this year.
- Michael Jackson to appear on The X Factor? - Mar 13, 2009
- Miley Cyrus to judge 'The X Factor'? - May 03, 2012
- Spears may sign $15 mn deal to judge 'X Factor' - Apr 12, 2012
- Spears tough to please: Cowell - Jul 25, 2012
- Demi Lovato dyes her hair pink - Jun 19, 2012
- Janet Jackson refuses 'X-Factor' - Mar 04, 2012
- 'The X Factor' has been good experience: Spears - Aug 01, 2012
- Madonna named Britain's most written-about celebrity - Jan 01, 2011
- George Michael to appear on 'The X Factor' - Nov 22, 2009
- Lavigne wants to judge 'The X Factor' - Feb 29, 2012
- Lovato on 'The X Factor' judging panel - May 14, 2012
- Cowell fascinated by Spears - Mar 01, 2012
- Madonna decade's most talked about celebrity - Dec 23, 2010
- Cowell plans 'X Factor - The Musical'? - Sep 20, 2011
- Cowell can never find a global star: Cliff Richard - Nov 21, 2011