Michael Jackson makes strange requests for child choirJune 10th, 2009 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 10 (IANS) Michael Jackson, who is all set to make his comeback Saturday, is making strange requests for a child choir for his concerts.
According to mirror.co.uk, Jackson wants every child to know sign language and wants “exactly equal” numbers of black, white, mixed-race and Asian child singers for his concerts.
The weird request was sent to casting agents on behalf of promoters AEG Live, who are organising his 50 concerts at O2 Arena here.
The children are also supposed to range from 5 to 13.
“Normally when we cast choirs for acts, it’s quite a laborious task. But in this case, it’s proving a near impossibility. Jacko is a perfectionist and wants it exactly right and that means every child being able to do sign language. AEG are desperate to keep Jacko happy and so are pulling out all the stops to make it happen. But it’s a race against time,” an insider said.
Jackson also wants that the six marching snare drummers should be clean shaved. He instead wants them to be “young adults, clean-cut and of mixed ethnicity”.
- Michael Jackson's strange demand for child choir (Lead) - Jun 10, 2009
- 'Jacko's weird London gigs child choir demands' - Jun 10, 2009
- Michael Jackson wants disabled child for his shows - Jun 18, 2009
- Now, Jacko on 'disabled child hunt' for London gigs - Jun 18, 2009
- MJ 'could have been saved' - Sep 12, 2010
- Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ's estate - Feb 18, 2012
- Joe Jackson files complaint against MJ's concert promoters - Jun 18, 2010
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- MJ's estate facing $300m lawsuit - Oct 25, 2009
- Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet? - Nov 17, 2010
- MJ's tests for O2 gigs must have been on Nasa astronaut's body, joke insurers - Aug 05, 2009
- Debt-ridden Michael Jackson 'feared working at McDonald's' - Feb 16, 2011
- Beatles letter put up for sale - Nov 15, 2011
- East meets West in novel music initiative - Nov 24, 2011
- Jacko 'was a billion dollar beggar' - Jun 30, 2009
Tags: aeg live, casting agents, child singers, concerts, drummers, ethnicity, impossibility, insider, jacko, laborious task, marching snare, michael jackson, mixed race, perfectionist, promoters, race against time, sign language, strange requests, weird request, young adults