Michael Jackson has three-year comeback plan: reportMarch 7th, 2009 - 12:19 am ICT by IANS
London, March 6 (IANS) Michael Jackson may have declared a “curtain call” for his career with his London tour, but the latest buzz is that the pop star has plans to relaunch himself over a period of three years.
Representatives for his London concert promoter AEG have revealed that the “Thriller” hitmaker has a gameplan to “reconquer the world”, which will include single releases, new songs and even a film, reports contactmusic.com.
“We’re talking to him about helping him figure a new plan for the release of singles, new music. We have a film development deal that’s part of this to do a film, ‘Thriller 3D’,” said Randy Phillips, head of AEG.
Phillips also revealed that the deal with Jackson could pull in huge revenues if things went as per the plan.
“If we complete the full three-and-a-half year plan, he could gross over $400 million in that time,” he said.
Jackson faced thousands of fans Thursday to announce his “This Is It” shows in London’s O2 Arena in July. He told the crowd and a gallery of reporters that the shows would be his last performances in Britain.
- Michael Jackson to earn $400m from comeback deal - Mar 07, 2009
- Concert promoters termed MJ 'emotionally paralyzed mess' - Sep 03, 2012
- Plans for feature film of MJ's show rehearsals underway - Aug 06, 2009
- Jackson family may front one-off London tribute gig - Jul 15, 2009
- Jacko to release new music before comeback tour - Mar 11, 2009
- Michael Jackson latest news - New movie by years end - Jul 21, 2009
- Michael Jackson's "This Is It" in theatres Oct 30 - Aug 12, 2009
- Michael Jackson to perform 50 shows at O2 - Mar 13, 2009
- Michael Jackson tribute concerts 'cancelled' - Aug 11, 2009
- Jacko often forgot to eat and had to be 'force fed' while preparing for O2 gigs - Jul 02, 2009
- Jacko had breezed through rigorous medical test, say O2 concert bosses - Jul 04, 2009
- Advance booking for Jackson film to start Sunday - Sep 26, 2009
- Jacko concert bosses hope to recover losses via $17.5M insurance cover - Jul 03, 2009
- Mimic fears Jackson album is fake - Nov 23, 2010
- Jacko renting Rod Stewarts mansion during comeback tour - Mar 11, 2009
Tags: aeg, comeback plan, concert promoter, curtain call, film development, film thriller, gameplan, half year, hitmaker, london concert, london march, london tour, michael jackson, new music, new songs, o2, phillips head, pop star, randy phillips, thriller 3d