Michael Jackson battling skin cancerMay 16th, 2009 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 16 (IANS) Pop legend Michael Jackson is battling skin cancer.
The 50-year-old “Thriller” hitmaker was recently diagnosed after doctors spotted signs of cancer on his neck and pre-cancerous cells on his face, contactmusic.com reports.
The condition is treatable and Jackson will be fit to perform his upcoming comeback concerts, which begin July, in London.
“Michael’s test showed spots of skin cancer on his body, and cell which could turn to skin cancer on his face. He was at first very concerned, but says he has been assured by the doctors that they can treat this and he will recover,” said a source.
- Jackson's latest trouble - May 16, 2009
- Jackson fights skin cancer battle? - May 16, 2009
- Michael Jackson denies skin cancer reports - May 18, 2009
- Jacko denies skin cancer report - May 17, 2009
- 'Terrified' Jacko caught leaving clinic with bag marked 'skin cancer' - May 23, 2009
- 'Jacko won't let skin cancer steal his O2 stage thunder' - May 16, 2009
- MJ's family to stage benefit concert - Oct 11, 2011
- Jacko may need gruelling radiotherapy to fight skin cancer - May 22, 2009
- Is Johnny Depp going to play Michael Jackson in a movie? - Nov 17, 2011
- 'Jacko set to undergo skin cancer surgery' - May 21, 2009
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Michael Jackson rocks on canvas in Delhi - Oct 01, 2010
- MJ's skin doctor was rebuilding his face for O2 Arena gigs - Jul 11, 2009
- Janet to give a miss to MJ's tribute concert - Aug 30, 2011
- MJ's eldest son inherits father's rare skin condition - Nov 18, 2009