Mexico Parades Captured Gulf Drug Cartel BossSeptember 15th, 2012 - 1:26 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Mexico, Sept 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mexico has captured a suspected gulf drug cartel boss. Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez who goes by the alias “El Coss” is an alleged leader of the “El Cartel del Golfo”.
He was arrested in the Tamaulipas state on the 12th of September by Mexican marines. He is said to be the leader of the second most powerful drug trafficking gang in Mexico. Hours after he was arrested, Costilla Sanchez was paraded before television cameras.
Navy spokesman Jose Luis Vergara said that he was the most powerful criminal in the country at that time. He wore a bullet proof vest as marines who were masked led him escorted him before the news cameras.
During the arrest on Wednesday evening, marines were chasing a car when they came in to a house where the drug lord was. The marines say that Sanchez did not resist arrest and other people were also arrested together with him.
Hours before the arrest was made, five men who had identified themselves as part of Sanchez’s gang had been arrested in another part of town. Arms were recovered in the house where the drug cartel boss was arrested. Sanchez was at the top of the list of the most wanted criminals in Mexico and there was a 2.2 million dollar bounty for anyone who could give information on his whereabouts.
- At least 16 bodies found in northern Mexico - Sep 17, 2012
- Mexican marines capture son of Sinaloa drug cartel leader - Jun 22, 2012
- Two tonnes of marijuana found in Mexican cemetery - Jul 30, 2012
- Three killed in latest prison riot in northern Mexico - Feb 22, 2012
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Mexico Navy arrests suspected drug kingpin - Sep 13, 2010
- 121 Bodies recovered from mass graves in Mexican state - May 06, 2011
- Man mistaken for drug cartel boss to sue government - Jan 24, 2011
- Six bodies found in Mexico - Feb 19, 2011
- Mexican authorites capture drug lord Sergio Villarreal Barragan "el Grande" - Sep 13, 2010
Tags: 12th of september, alias, bullet proof vest, coss, costilla, drug cartel, drug lord, drug trafficking, el cartel, five men, jorge eduardo costilla sanchez, jose luis, marines, navy spokesman, news mexico, tamaulipas state, television cameras, vergara, wanted criminals, wednesday evening