Mexico drug criminal claims he dissolved 300 bodiesJanuary 24th, 2009 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Jan 24 (DPA) The Mexican Army has arrested a drug suspect who claimed to have dissolved 300 corpses of other drug criminals with corrosive chemicals over the past 10 years.Santiago Meza Lopez, 45, confessed to having disposed of rivals for drug kingpin Teodoro Garcia Simental, the defence ministry said in a statement Friday.
Lopez and two other suspects were arrested in Tijuana in northern Mexico Thursday, the ministry said. Tijuana, located near the US border, is in the centre of Mexico’s increasingly brutal drug war.
Meza Lopez, known as Posolero del Teo (Teo’s stew maker), said he got rid of the bodies, “the products of the drug war, enemies or debtors of Simental”, by dissolving them in in industrial drums on the outskirts of Tijuana, using caustic soda, a highly corrosive substance.
“El Teo” Simental is one of the most-wanted members of the Tijuana drug cartel. More than 5,600 people were murdered in the course of Mexico’s drug war last year, most of the killings have not been solved.
- Tijuana Drug Lord El Teo, Famous For Extortions, Arrested - Jan 13, 2010
- Man mistaken for drug cartel boss to sue government - Jan 24, 2011
- Mexican hit man who dissolved 300 bodies in acid inspires songs - Feb 01, 2009
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- 15 tonnes of synthetic drugs burnt in Mexico - Feb 20, 2012
- 15 tonnes of methamphetamine seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- 15 cops suspended for making suspect perform striptease - May 25, 2011
- 2.3 tonnes of marijuana seized in Mexico - Oct 09, 2011
- Mexico Navy arrests suspected drug kingpin - Sep 13, 2010
- Gunmen storm rehab center, kill 13 in Mexico border city - Oct 25, 2010
- Suspect arrested in shooting of Paraguayan soccer star - Jan 20, 2011
- Seven killed in Mexico violence - Jan 23, 2011
- 30,000 drug war deaths in Mexico since 2006 - Dec 17, 2010
- Mexico arrests drug trafficker wanted for 1,500 murders - Aug 01, 2011
- Gunmen kill 13 more in Mexico border city - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: caustic soda, corpses, corrosive chemicals, corrosive substance, debtors, defence ministry, drug criminals, drug kingpin, drug war, industrial drums, jan 24, killings, mexican army, mexico city, meza, northern mexico, outskirts, simental, teo teo, tijuana drug cartel