Mexican Police Captures Drug Kingpin Edgar “La Barbie” Valdez VillarrealAugust 31st, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Aug 31, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Mexican police has ultimately been able to arrest Edgar Valdez Villarreal, who is better known as “La Barbie” for his doll-like looks, on Monday. As per reports, Edgar Valdez Villarreal was arrested from a surrounding state of Mexico City. A government statement mentioned that an intelligence department was keeping an eye around the Mexico City since June 2009 to capture Edgar Valdez Villarreal. The government statement however did not provide any more light into the matter. Edgar Valdez Villarreal has been indicted by the United States for smuggling of thousands of pounds of drugs into the country.
Edgar “la Barbie” Valdez Villarreal is the third high-profile drug lord who have been either captured or killed by the Mexican police in the past one year. The arrest marks a significant achievement for the president of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, who had waged a war against the drug traffickers in the country. The Mexican intelligence department along with the police has been trying hard to pin down all the drug lords who have been in a ruthless war to gain power over the Beltran Leyva cartel.
The arrest of Edgar “la Barbie” Valdez Villarreal is significant because the smuggler has been vying to take over the Beltran Leyva cartel. The battle surrounding the power-shift has claimed thousands of lives and the toll is still on a rise. Four decapitated bodies were discovered near Cuernavaca this month which are being allegedly related to the drug war reigning in the country. Edgar “la barbie” Valdez Villarreal has also been related to Joaquin Guzman Loera, the most wanted man in Mexico.
- Mexican federal police arrest drug kingpin Edgar Valdez Villareal - Aug 31, 2010
- Mexico Navy arrests suspected drug kingpin - Sep 13, 2010
- Mexican authorites capture drug lord Sergio Villarreal Barragan "el Grande" - Sep 13, 2010
- Four bullet-riddled bodies found in Mexico - Aug 09, 2010
- Mexico nabs man for involvement in 35 killings - Feb 02, 2011
- Severed head left at tomb of Mexican drug lord - Jan 19, 2010
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- First woman joins Mexican navy's special forces - Dec 12, 2011
- Four Bodies Found Decapitated And Hung From Bridge In Mexico: Edgar Valdez's Name Emerges - Aug 23, 2010
- Mexican drug lord's wife reportedly arrested in the country's west - May 14, 2010
- Suspect arrested in shooting of Paraguayan soccer star - Jan 20, 2011
- Tijuana Drug Lord El Teo, Famous For Extortions, Arrested - Jan 13, 2010
- Top drug lord Ignacio 'Nacho' Coronel killed by Mexican army - Jul 31, 2010
- Youth sought in Mexico killings arrested - Dec 04, 2010
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: beltran, decapitated bodies, drug kingpin, drug lord, drug lords, drug traffickers, drug war, edgar valdez villarreal, felipe calderon, government statement, intelligence department, joaquin guzman loera, madhuri, mexican police, mexico city, power shift, president of mexico, ruthless war, smuggler, wanted man