Men’s latest craze is ‘mancations’, vacations sans womenNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:06 am ICT by admin
Since then, the idea’s taken off to such an extent that some men have only ever been on holidays without the company of the fairer sex.
“The only vacation I have been on has been a mancation,” The Age quoted Sydneysider Daniel Dragicevich, as saying.
Daniel embarked on an extended European ‘mancation’ last year with pal Ross Brown. And to add to the mix, the pair was joined by their mate Michael Buggy, who, after meeting up with his girlfriend in Canada, met them in Amsterdam.
Michael said that his mancation was inspired by the value that he places on mateship.
“I wanted to reinforce it by meeting up with them. Guys don’t usually go out of their way to express their feelings about mates, not like girls do. When you go to the trouble of meeting up on the other side of the world I guess it shows something,” he said.
Glossy male-oriented magazine Men’s Health has reported that male-to-male bonding has a lot of benefits.
“We’re strong advocates of the benefits of spending time with your mates. It is the male way of expression emotions, however limited they may be,” Ian Cockerill, deputy editor of the magazine, said.
“For the female traveller there are organised, escorted tours. Shopping, cooking, adventuring, there is something for everyone. Men, on the other hand, in particular Australian men are more likely to do it spontaneously than sign up for organised travel,” he added.
An to give men a strong flavour of what ‘mancation’ is all about, American Mike Sprifke has founded the website http://www.mancation.com.
“We offer a website for guys to search for mancations and also to post information related to mancations. The aim of the site is to be the best location on the net to find packages being offered, locations to visit … related to mancations,” Sprifke said.
For Sprifke the intention of the mancation is not so much to get away from female company but to fulfill masculine needs.
“Mancations tend to be centered around activities that are testosterone driven. (It’s about) doing things that wives and girlfriends would not find appealing,” he said. (ANI)
- Women drivers more accident prone - Jul 08, 2011
- Male spiders prefer virginity to size - Oct 31, 2010
- Scientists find female frogs call out during sex to excite lover - Apr 30, 2011
- Fertile women can tell straight from gay - Jun 23, 2011
- Brawn beats beauty in human mating game - May 14, 2010
- Male peacock's tail plumage and eyespots attract females for mating - Apr 28, 2011
- Timberlake praises Diaz's 'Bad Teacher' role - Aug 17, 2011
- Male fish extremely choosy about mates - Oct 12, 2011
- Mothers aid mating success of male bonobos - Sep 01, 2010
- New app to get you out of the house in pajamas (The Funny Side) - Sep 07, 2012
- Oz resort offering models, mud wrestling, massages, dubbed sexist - Aug 20, 2010
- Straight men 'more comfortable kissing each other than ever before' - Oct 29, 2010
- John Legend engaged - Dec 29, 2011
- UK exhibition to tell you everything you ever wanted to know about wild sex - Jan 30, 2011
- A tilt of the head 'is enough to attract a mate' - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: aim, australian men, buggy, deputy editor, escorted tours, female friend, female traveller, flavour, latest craze, magazine men, male bonding, mancation, mancations, men s health, organised, protagonist, ross brown, spending time, spontaneously, vince vaughn