Men busy looking at scantily clad girls more likely to crash cars: UK studyJuly 30th, 2010 - 4:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 30 (ANI): A new UK study has found that men are more likely than women to crash their cars in summer - because they are too busy looking at girls in skimpy outfits.
As many as 29 per cent of male drivers admitted that they could not keep their eyes on the road in hot weather when they spotted women in revealing summer clothes.
High temperatures also got the blame for increased road rage.
One in five male motorists (21 per cent) confessed being more prone to aggressive driving during the hotter months.
And 25 per cent of male drivers have had at least one summertime crash or near-miss in the last five years, compared with just 17 per cent of women, a survey of more than 1,300 motorists found.
“Research shows men are far more easily distracted behind the wheel than women,” the Daily Express quoted Donna Dawson, a behavioral psychologist, as saying.
“Distractions such as billboards or an attractive woman walking down the street can quickly take their attention away from driving.
Testosterone also plays a part as it makes men more prone to aggression, especially when frustrated by a confined space such as a car - and men are quicker than women to expose such irritability in hot weather,” she said.
Jacky Brown, of Sheilas’ Wheels, said: “In the age of air conditioning, you might expect all drivers to be equally chilled out in summer, but men are significantly more likely than women to claim.
“We urge all motorists to keep their eyes on the road regardless of distractions.” (ANI)
- Girls in skimpy summer outfits cause men to crash cars - Jul 30, 2010
- Male drivers are twice as likely to crash because of distraction - Apr 18, 2011
- Men drivers twice as likely to crash as women: Survey - Apr 18, 2011
- Flirting Brit drivers caused almost 1m crashes! - Oct 27, 2010
- Most men are happy to be driven by their ladies - Jan 03, 2011
- Male drivers 'more likely to give way to others than women' - Apr 25, 2011
- Mums are better drivers than fathers, say kids - Dec 17, 2010
- Women drivers more accident prone - Jul 08, 2011
- Men's parking skills impress women - Dec 13, 2010
- Texting kills 5,000 people every year in the US - May 20, 2012
- 4m Brit motorists 'don't even know how to open a car bonnet' - Mar 25, 2011
- 'Romantic' road rage 'causes 2.5m car accidents in UK' - Apr 21, 2010
- On Delhi roads, tempers rise with temperatures - Apr 06, 2012
- UK's angriest motorists drive BMWs - Oct 13, 2010
- Brits spend more time driving than socialising with friends, family - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: aggressive driving, attractive woman, behavioral psychologist, billboards, crash cars, daily express, distractions, eyes on the road, girls in skimpy outfits, high temperatures, hot weather, irritability, jacky brown, male drivers, motorists, road rage, scantily clad girls, sheilas wheels, summer clothes, walking down the street