Memorial cruise to retrace original path of TitanicMay 23rd, 2010 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 23 (ANI): This may be the closest cruising enthusiasts can get to the Titanic - British travel agency Mile Morgan Travel has chartered a cruise ship that will retrace the original path of the infamous ship that was buried in the waters of the Atlantic on April 15, 1912.
The Titanic Memorial Cruise will start its voyage from Southampton, England on Sunday, April 8, 2012, commemorating 100 years since the ill-fated journey, reports News.com.au.
The ship will pass over the resting site of the Titanic on April 15, 2012, with a memorial service planned at 2.20am on that day where the passengers will pay tribute to the 1578 (of 2223) men, women and children who lost their lives that night, a century earlier, when the ship collided into an iceberg.
The Titanic Memorial Cruise is expected to reach its destination, New York, on April 20, 2012.
Lectures about life on the original Titanic will also be organised aboard the cruise, with family members of the survivors addressing the passengers.
The Balmoral, a part of Fred Olsen Cruises, has been named as the cruise that will complete the historic unfinished journey. (ANI)
- Lebanese families remember loved ones on Titanic - Apr 17, 2012
- Tickets for Titanic cruise up for sale - Apr 19, 2009
- 100-year-old Chinese book mentioned Titanic - Apr 10, 2012
- New stamps on 100th anniversary of Titanic disaster - Apr 05, 2012
- Chinese shipyard to build Titanic II - May 02, 2012
- 200,000 Titanic records published online - Apr 09, 2012
- 'Titanic 3D' trailer released - Nov 17, 2011
- 3-D 'Titanic' to release in April 2012 - Jul 06, 2010
- Titanic wreckage to become Unesco heritage - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Unknown child' onboard the Titanic identified - Apr 29, 2011
- Titanic hero's letter to be auctioned - Apr 08, 2012
- Titanic still connects its descendants: British writer - Apr 13, 2012
- Last Titanic survivor's ashes scattered at starting point of the doomed voyage - Oct 25, 2009
- James Cameron Announces "Titanic" 3D Release - Jul 10, 2010
- Winslet, DiCaprio's 'Titanic' costumes to go on display - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: 100 years, april 15 1912, british travel, cruise ship, destination new york, enthusiasts, family members, fred olsen cruises, infamous ship, melbourne, men women, news com au, southampton england, survivors, titanic memorial, travel agency, tribute, unfinished journey