Mehdi Hassan to be laid to rest FridayJune 13th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Mehdi Hassan, the legendary Pakistani ghazal maestro born in India, passed away at a Karachi hospital Wednesday and his son says that the funeral will take place Friday.
“My father’s funeral will take place Friday in Karachi,” Arif Mehdi told IANS on phone from Karachi, adding that they have yet to finalise the place.
“We have asked for the permission from the government to bury him at Quaid-e-Azam mazar (Mazar-e-Quaid) in Karachi, but we are waiting for the approval,” he added.
Hassan, known for ghazals like “Ranjish hi sahi”, “Patta patta, boota boota”, passed away at Karachi’s Agha Khan Hospital after a prolonged illness. He was 84.
“My father’s condition started deteriorating early morning and he breathed his last around 12:15 in the afternoon. All his children were by his side during his last moments. We can now just pray for his soul to rest in peace,” Arif said.
He also revealed that the family will be make arrangement for his father’s fans to pay their last respects to him.
“We will definitely make special arrangements for his fans, who want to see him for the last time,” he added.
- Mamata Banerjee condoles Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 13, 2012
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan was outstanding: Lata Mangeshkar - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan: end of golden era of ghazal (Obituary) - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mehdi Hassan - my immortal 'ghazal traash' (Tribute) - Jun 13, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Mohan Khan set to pay tribute to Mehdi Hassan (With Images) - Jul 11, 2012
- Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu visit Mehdi Hassan's grave in Karachi - Jun 17, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness - Feb 08, 2011
- Big B mourns ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's death - Jun 14, 2012
- Kashmiri artists and ghazal lovers mourn Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Pakistani ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan loses his memory - Nov 14, 2010
- Flyover, park to be dedicated to Mehdi Hassan - Apr 25, 2011
- Kashmiri fans mourn Jagjit Singh's death - Oct 10, 2011