Megan McCain apologizes for Twitter photo uproarOctober 16th, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 16 (ANI): Megan McCain, daughter of former Republican presidential candidate John McCain, has apologized for posting a picture of herself displaying ample cleavage on her Twitter account.
The 24-year-old caused a stir in the Twitter community after she posted the picture of herself wearing a low-cut tank top.
She had also threatened to quit following a string of critical comments by some of her 60,000 Twitter followers.
McCain complained that she was “just trying to be funny” and was considering deleting her Twitter account.
She wrote, “When I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a ’slut’, can’t even tell you how hurt I am. This is why I have been considering deleting my Twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment.”
However, she has now tweeted again to apologize.
“I do want to apologise to anyone that was offended by my Twitpic. I have clearly made a huge mistake and am sorry 2 (sic) those that are offended,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
She also admitted “this has been an embarrassing experience but also a learning one”. (ANI)
- Meghan McCain's Twitter Photo: Paris Hilton in the making - Oct 16, 2009
- John McCain's Daughter Meghan Embrolied In Twitter Picture Controversy - Oct 16, 2009
- Meghan McCain And The Twitter Photo Controversy - Oct 17, 2009
- John McCain says 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki is 'too good looking' to go to jail - Aug 12, 2010
- Swiss Olympian kicked off team after sending racist tweet - Aug 01, 2012
- Meghan Causes Controversy With Twitter Photo - Oct 19, 2009
- Meghan McCain hits back at Beck - May 13, 2011
- Nicki Minaj quits Twitter - Apr 20, 2012
- Rita Ora's twitter page hacked - Sep 02, 2012
- Labour MP distracts members at PM's Questions with low-cut blouse - Apr 29, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- Jessie J targeted by hacker - Jan 25, 2012
- Impostor called Chelsea Handler 'a leathery idiot', not me: Courtney Love - Mar 21, 2011
- Yahoo fires journalist after Romney joke - Aug 31, 2012
- Woman, 28, barred from nightclubs for being 'old' - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: apartment, cleavage, critical comments, cut tank, followers, harassment, john mccain, london, megan, mistake, photo, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate john mccain, slut, sweat pants, tank top, tank tops, telegraph, twitter, uproar