Meet US First HairstylistMarch 26th, 2009 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 26 (ANI): Obamas surely believe in staying true to their roots. Although life has dramatically changed for Michelle Obama since she became first lady, her hairstylist remains the same till date.
Hairstylist Johnny Wright, popular in Chicago’s Wicker Park area, met Michelle Obama two years ago for an Essence magazine photo shoot, not long after Barack Obama announced his quest for the White House.
Two months into the Obama administration, Wright has become the first lady’s exclusive First Hairstylist, the White House confirmed this week.
“It’s exciting, absolutely, doing the first lady’s hair,” the Washington Post quoted him, as saying.
“She’s a great lady and I feel privileged to do her hair,” he added.
The 31-year-old says during the campaign, he was called in periodically to style Obama for such important events as the Democratic National Convention in Denver, including the day she gave her speech.
And more recently, he says, he was called in for her photo session for the much-noted March cover of Vogue magazine.
Since that Essence shoot two years ago, Wright had moved on to the Frederick Fekkai Salon on Melrose Place in West Hollywood.
In January, Wright says, he was notified that Obama wanted him as her exclusive stylist.
He says he had become her official stylist by the time he coiffed her for the official White House portrait, in which she smiles exquisitely from beneath a perfect modified bob wearing a designer ‘little black dress’ and double strands of pearls. (ANI)
- Ritchie, best hairstylist on planet? - Aug 08, 2012
- Michelle Obama to write book on White House garden - Mar 17, 2011
- Michelle Obama's personal assistant is her new stylist - Feb 24, 2011
- First Lady Rejects 'Angry Black Woman' Image - Jan 13, 2012
- Michelle Obama has new stylist? - Apr 14, 2011
- Now, get Michelle Obamas sleek hairdo in just $18! - Mar 05, 2009
- Michelle Obama, with daughters, skiing in Colorado - Feb 20, 2011
- We have a missile crisis, Mrs Obama - Oct 15, 2011
- US President Barack Obama has not smoked in a year - Feb 09, 2011
- Michelle Obama to campaign for husband in 2012 presidential polls - Jan 29, 2011
- Michelle Obama a tall mountain I wanted to climb, says Tracy Morgan - Apr 20, 2011
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Investigation underway after bullet hits White House window - Nov 16, 2011
- Sarah Palin Mocks First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" Campaign Over S'mores - Dec 21, 2010
- Obama has finally kicked the butt, says proud First Lady Michelle - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: barack obama, democratic national convention, double strands, essence magazine, first lady, frederick fekkai salon, important events, little black dress, magazine photo, melrose place, michelle obama, pearls, photo session, roots, stylist, vogue magazine, washington post, west hollywood, white house, wicker park