Meet the worlds most talented jumbo and parrot!December 27th, 2007 - 3:42 pm ICT by admin
London, Dec 27 (ANI): A particular parrot and an elephant might look like the rest of their species, but according to their owners the two are the most talented animals on Earth.
Griffin, the parrot is as clever as a three-year-old child, and Hong, the elephant is a fantastic painter.
The parrot can easily understand abstract concepts such as time, place and matter.
And the elephant is so good at his painting skills, that he once fooled a roomful of art experts into thinking that his daubs were produced by a human.
The duo is featured in a Five documentary series called Extraordinary Animals.
In the first programme Hong, a Thai elephant who creates paintings for tourists is looked at.
Alex Menamid, the caretaker of Hong, said that his paintings have a quality of line and an elegance that is very touching.
His paintings in particular have a quality of line and an elegance that is very touching, The Sun quoted Menamid, as talking about Hong.
Meanwhile, the parrot also impresses the audience with his brilliance in the documentary series.
In one of the shows, the African Grey counts the number of times trainer doctor clicks her fingers and answering questions about the size and shape of objects.
Even when the order of questions is varied, Griffin gets the answers right, proving he understands what he is being asked. (ANI)
- Eight Bangladeshi artists interpret Tagore on canvas - May 16, 2011
- Maharashtra mourns Jagjit Singh's death - Oct 10, 2011
- How did dinosours have sex? - Feb 25, 2012
- Retrospective of modern pioneer K.K. Hebbar opens - Nov 22, 2011
- Parrots are lot smarter - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Virtual mates' shed light on role of romance in parrot calls - Aug 04, 2010
- BMW to recall nearly 3,000 cars in China - Jul 05, 2012
- India colours imagination of Spanish artist - Nov 25, 2011
- Jagjit Singh for slow trains in elephant corridors - Apr 20, 2011
- A whiff of African heritage in capital's artscape (With Image) - Aug 13, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Custody row over Italian-speaking bird in Britain - Oct 23, 2010
- To those we said sayonara... RIP (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- He was India's most secular artist: Nepal curator - Jun 10, 2011
- Sikh kingdom's only fort fights for survival (With Images) - May 22, 2011
Tags: abstract concepts, african grey, alex, answering questions, art experts, brilliance, caretaker, daubs, documentary series, elegance, elephant, fingers, griffin, painting, paintings, parrot, talented animals, thai elephant, time place, tourists