Meet the man who goes temporarily blind every time he has sexNovember 30th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 30 (ANI): A man, whose identity could not be revealed, was forced to seek medical help after temporarily losing his sight every time he had sex.
As per the NCBI ROFL blog, the patient would go blind immediately after the ejaculation but the blindness would never occur while performing any other strenuous exercise.
The report revealed the cause of the condition to be vasoconstriction, where the muscle walls contract around a blood vessel, restricting the flow of blood.
Vasoconstriction is the same condition that causes erectile dysfunction.
Doctors had earlier speculated that an embolism was causing the man’s blindness.
“Hypothetical mechanisms of transient monocular visual loss in our patient include vasoconstriction or embolism in the arterial blood supply of the eye. The repeated and completely transient nature of our patient’s symptoms supports the fact that embolism was not involved,” the Daily Mail quoted the report as saying.
The original report was published by the Department of Ophthalmology at Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen. (ANI)
- Depressed men with erectile dysfunction face cardio problems - Jul 13, 2010
- Bulging waist damages sexual, urinary functions - Aug 01, 2012
- Brazil spider's venom could help in man's sexual life - Aug 30, 2012
- The secret to longer-lasting sex lies in your arteries - Dec 01, 2010
- Sitting for long periods can cause heart problem - Jul 05, 2011
- Viagra in condom promises the lift - Dec 09, 2011
- Omega-3 in seafood may protect seniors' eyes - Dec 02, 2010
- Dangerous, deep blood clots should be treated aggressively: Docs - Mar 22, 2011
- Hair loss medications can affect men's sexual health - Mar 08, 2011
- Snoring could spell serious trouble for us - Apr 01, 2012
- New device uses submarine technology to detect stroke quickly - Mar 30, 2011
- Scientists discover gene linked to clear vision - Dec 20, 2011
- Study links impotence to heart risk - May 20, 2010
- Popular drugs could trip sex drive - Mar 08, 2011
- Beware of passion busters in the bedroom - Mar 29, 2011
Tags: arterial blood supply, blindness, blood vessel, daily mail, doctors, ejaculation, embolism, glostrup hospital, mechanisms, medical help, ophthalmology, rofl, sex london, strenuous exercise, transient nature, university of copenhagen