Meet the lovesick fool who sought jail term to win back girlfriend!December 30th, 2008 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 30 (ANI): Police officers had to send a lovesick man back home after he claimed to be a fugitive in a bid to serve a three-year jail term, just to win back his girlfriend.
Huang, 26, from the Maoming, Guangdong province, went to police substation at the city’’s railway hub, but had to return home after the police learned the truth, reports the China daily.
He fell in love with his co-worker in a company in Shenzhen last year.
However, when the girl wanted to break up, Huang refused and she joked that shed marry him if he served three years on the inside.
Thus, Huang took her joke literally and went to the police station claiming to be a fugitive. (ANI)
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- Fugitive Makoto Hirata tries to surrender but is turned away by the police - Jan 04, 2012
- Cancer-causing chemical found in peanuts, cooking oil - Dec 31, 2011
- Chinese referee admits taking $256,000 in bribes (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese man dies of bird flu - Dec 31, 2011
- Typhoon leads to blockage in China rivers - Oct 01, 2010
- Woman wins China's first cyber homosexual harassment case - Oct 01, 2010
- Mentally unsound son killed father, and now mother - Mar 15, 2012
- Ex-chief of China's top electronic goods firm faces trial - Apr 22, 2010
- Chinese man jailed for selling his three children - Feb 16, 2012
- Kolkata hit by power cuts - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Nano set to drive into Taiwan - Jun 03, 2010
- Belgian car thieves, victims meet on Spanish beach - Sep 30, 2011
- China to crack down on illegal gun possession - Feb 10, 2012
- No top post for Chinese officials with family abroad - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: china daily, co worker, fugitive, girlfriend, guangdong province, joke, love, lovesick fool, lovesick man, maoming, New Delhi, police officers, police station, railway hub, shed, shenzhen, truth