Meet the cancer-sniffing dog who saved owner’’s life!February 23rd, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 23 (ANI): A woman owes her life to her dog who managed to warn her about her malignant breast cancer.
Maureen Burn suspected a health problem after her red collie cross Max kept sniffing her breath and prodding her right breast, before withdrawing from his lively behaviour.
The 64-year-old, from Rugby, was prompted to go for a check-up, which confirmed a small but deadly lump in her right breast.
“I do believe that Max has saved my life. It was his peculiar reaction that alerted me to the fact that something was wrong,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
“At first I thought he was just getting old, he was not so playful and his eyes were sad. He”d sniff my breath in an odd way - I even asked my husband Roger if I had halitosis. “Max would also nudge my right breast then back away. Then one day I felt this lump. Max looked at me so sadly and I instantly knew I had cancer.
“On the same day as the biopsy I told my nurse that I already knew, as my dear dog had told me.
“I thought she”d laugh but she said she”d heard it before,” she added. (ANI)
- Breast cancer was the first opponent Navratilova feared - Aug 09, 2010
- Ex Miss Venezuela's book on her breast cancer battle breaks taboos - Feb 22, 2011
- Pets can sniff out owner's cancer - Dec 24, 2009
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Mel B goes topless for breast cancer awareness - Sep 14, 2012
- Watson clears the air over pink dog - Jun 27, 2012
- Sonam asks fans for special birthday gift - Jun 07, 2012
- Liz Hurley's pink skin-tight dress stuns all at cancer charity event - Oct 02, 2010
- Celebrity Giuliana Rancic praises singer Kelly Osbourne - Jan 01, 2012
- Trained Dog Can Smell Diabetic Emergencies! - Feb 08, 2011
- Stone was 'broken' after losing son's custody - Jan 21, 2012
- Brit girl recommended boob job at 15 because of uneven breasts - Aug 09, 2010
- Fergie believes her perfume was fate - Dec 07, 2010
- Lopez couldn't bond with twins - May 08, 2012
- For cancer survivor, sun shines in heart (IANS Book Review) - Nov 10, 2011