Meet the 101-year-old twin sisters!November 14th, 2007 - 2:46 am ICT by admin
“It’s a pretty rare feat,” the Telegraph quoted a Buckingham Palace spokesman, as saying.
The twins, who live in opposite parts of Britain, could not travel to see each other because of health restrains.
Elizabeth and Mary, born in1906 on a farm at Clitheroe in Lancashire, were brought up by a pair of maiden aunts after their mother died when they were just two-years-old.
Mary, who lives in a care home in Milnthorpe, Cumbria, has been twice married and now has five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Elizabeth, who has three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren, now lives in a care home in Devon, close to where her only child Brian lives with his wife Jean.
“Both twins have been widowed for many years. But although living apart they have strong family likenesses. Unfortunately they were not well enough to travel and meet up on their 100th birthday and that is still the case,” Brian said.
“They haven’t seen each other this year either. The journey would be too much for them,” he added. (ANI)
- World's oldest twin sisters celebrate 101st birthday - Jan 05, 2011
- Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79 - Mar 23, 2011
- World's oldest person Maria Gomes Valentim dies at the age of 114 years - Jun 22, 2011
- US great-great-grandmother named world's oldest living person at 114 - Mar 11, 2011
- Malaysian man, 110, to marry 82-yr-old woman who agreed to be his bride - Jan 03, 2011
- Trinidad and Tobago honours 'nani' to mark Indian Arrival Day - Jun 12, 2012
- World's oldest person turns 115 - Aug 28, 2011
- Brit sisters become world's oldest twins at 101 - Nov 19, 2010
- Mandela won't attend World Cup opening ceremony (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Woman, 90, weds man aged 73 - Mar 21, 2011
- Brit siblings are world's oldest family with combined age of almost 500yrs - Oct 23, 2010
- Lower back disease may be inherited: Study - Feb 03, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth great grandmom again - Mar 31, 2012
- Grammy Award-Winning Singer Solomon Burke Dies - Oct 11, 2010
- 100-year-old woman credits smoking, whisky for long life - Mar 04, 2010
Tags: 100th birthday, blackburn, buckingham palace, centenary, devon close, grandchildren, lancashire, maiden aunts, milnthorpe cumbria, palace spokesman, strong family, twin sisters, twins, wife jean