Meet Maria Sergeyeva the Russian Sarah Pailn in the makingMarch 10th, 2009 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Mar 10 (ANI): Maria Sergeyeva, a 24-year-old philosophy student and political activist, is emerging as a rising star in Russian politics.
Since a gushing speech praising Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and president Dmitry Medvedev at a recent pro-Kremlin rally, she has become an Internet sensation as the pin-up of the countrys fervently patriotic youth movement.
Russia’’s largest political blog had to ban further posts about Masha due to excessive traffic.
It may be the first step towards the fulfilment of her political ambitions.
“I was brought up to be a patriot from day one. My love for Russia came with my mother’’s milk. I loved listening to my grandparents” heroic tales from the war, the New York Daily News quoted Sergeyeva, as telling the Times of London.
“Putin has given us stability and economic growth. It’’s good that he’’s hardline and tough,” she added. (ANI)
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011
- Putin confirms Medvedev to be PM, given election win - Dec 02, 2011
- Putin's birthday triggers Twitter flash mob - Oct 08, 2011
- Medvedev may run for president again - Jul 31, 2012
- Medvedev accepts offer to head ruling party - Apr 27, 2012
- Putin returns to Kremlin amid protests (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Putin sworn in as Russian president - May 07, 2012
- Medvedev 'breaking agreement' to run for President for second time: Russian MP - May 02, 2011
- Putin vows to continue liberal reforms in Russia - Mar 04, 2012
- Pro-Kremlin 'response rally' draws 25,000 in Moscow - Dec 12, 2011
- Medvedev to make final state-of-the-nation address - Dec 22, 2011
- Putin quits as head of ruling party - Apr 24, 2012
- Anti-Putin protests sweep across Russia - Dec 10, 2011
- Medvedev backs Putin for Russian president - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,