Meet demands or we would kill UN official: Baloch groupFebruary 8th, 2009 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
Quetta, Feb 8 (IANS) A hitherto unknown organisation, which has claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of UN official John Solecki, Saturday threatened that if their demands were not met they would kill him, Pakistan’s Online reported.
Solecki, an American citizen, was kidnapped and his driver was shot dead after his vehicle was ambushed Feb 2, a media report said Sunday.
A Baloch Liberation United Front (BLUF) spokesman, who identified himself as Mir Shakak Baloch, said: “John Solecki is in our custody and he is alive and we would release him when our three conditions are met.”
He said: “We want to tell the UN that we were subjected to cruelty and brutality by some Pakistani state forces.
“The United Nations is considered as trusted and powerful world body but it committed negligence on Baloch issue by showing partial attitude, therefore, Head UNHCR John Solicki has been kidnapped in protest by Baloch militants,” the report quoted Mir Shakak Baloch as having said.
The spokesman sought release of “141 women from the custody of security agencies, recovery of over 6,000 missing people and resolution of the Baloch independence issue” in accordance with the Geneva Convention in return for Solecki’s release, the report added.
- Baloch outfit extends deadline for fulfillment of its demands - Feb 16, 2009
- UN seeks contact with Soleckis abductors through trusted intermediary - Feb 21, 2009
- UN officials mother appeals for sons early, safe return - Feb 22, 2009
- BLUF sets 48-hour deadline for Solecki''s release - Mar 17, 2009
- UN seeks direct contact with Solecki''s kidnappers - Feb 17, 2009
- Terrorist outfit says abducted UNHCR official Solecki is alive - Feb 23, 2009
- Pakistani kidnappers set four-day deadline to kill UN official - Mar 02, 2009
- Captors set new deadline for UN hostage in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2009
- Foreign agencies to look for missing UN official in Pakistan - Feb 18, 2009
- UN in direct contact with Soleckis abductors to ensure his safe return - Feb 15, 2009
- Pakistan's help sought as deadline for UN hostage nears - Mar 05, 2009
- Pak accepts abductors demand for UN officials safe return - Mar 06, 2009
- Freed UN official flown to US - Apr 05, 2009
- UN hostage deadline extended in Pakistan - Feb 16, 2009
- Fate of UN hostage in Pakistan hangs in balance - Feb 14, 2009
Tags: american citizen, attitude, brutality, feb 2, geneva convention, independence issue, liberation, missing people, negligence, pakistan, protest, security agencies, solecki, spokesman, united nations