Meet Britains most prolific surrogate mum!January 20th, 2008 - 7:34 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 20 (ANI): A British woman has turned out to be a record-breaking surrogate mother by carrying another couples baby for the eighth time.
The surrogacy is controversial because Jill Hawkins, who has no children of her own, not only suffers from clinical depression but she has previously attempted suicide.
According to her family, the psychological strain of carrying so many kids has spoilt her mental health.
The 43-year-old, who is being paid for past 16 years to have babies, earlier said that she would quit being a surrogate mum after giving birth to her last baby, Isobel, in 2006.
However, Hawkins said that she later felt broody and missed being pregnant, and thus decided to continue with it.
She also insists that her low self-esteem over her weight is responsible for her depression and not her multiple surrogate pregnancies.
I was feeling particularly broody at the time and so offered to complete their family. I just wish I was 10 years younger so that I could fit more in. I really love being pregnant, Times Online quoted Hawkins, as saying.
Phil Willis, chairman of the committee that scrutinised the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill, said: We have to make sure women are not psychologically damaged as a result of surrogacy and that the practice is not open to profiteering. (ANI)
- Counselling surrogate moms to give up their babies - Jan 15, 2012
- British surrogate mother 'retires' after 10 children - Jun 30, 2012
- India becoming a designer baby factory: Author Kishwar Desai (With Image) - May 31, 2012
- Indian surrogacy brings twin delights to Australian couple - Jan 08, 2012
- Mindfulness helps women deliver healthier babies - Aug 03, 2012
- Britons pay Indians to become surrogate mothers: Report - May 27, 2012
- Brit woman gives birth to own cousin after becoming surrogate for aunt - Apr 07, 2011
- Women's rights being violated in India's surrogacy capital - Mar 02, 2012
- Rent-a-womb: India becoming surrogate pregnancy hub - Feb 15, 2011
- Penelope Cruz made Johnny Depp feel broody - May 10, 2011
- Brit surrogate mum 'pregnant again with Osama Bin Laden's grandchild'! - Apr 11, 2011
- Surrogate mother miscarried Osama's twin grandchildren - Sep 13, 2010
- 100 babies aborted in Britain by women not wanting multiple births - Dec 29, 2011
- Court allows surrogate mother to keep baby - Jan 22, 2011
- Parents of octuplets in China face hefty fines - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: 10 years, babies, british woman, clinical depression, couples, eighth time, giving birth, human fertilisation, isobel, london jan, low self esteem, mental health, suicide, surrogacy, surrogate mother