Medvedev to attend nuclear security summit in USApril 5th, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will take part in the nuclear security summit in Washington scheduled to be held April 12-13, a Kremlin spokesman said Monday.
The summit, which brings together more than 40 heads of state including Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, will focus on the vulnerability of nuclear materials and securing them against the threat of terrorists’ acquisition.
After the Washington summit, Medvedev will visit Argentina and Brazil.
The Argentinean trip is scheduled for April 14-15. In Brazil Medvedev will take part in the conference of BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) nations along with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Brazilian President Lula da Silva and Chinese President Hu Jintao.
The meeting of BRIC leaders in Brasilia scheduled for April 15-16 will focus on improving the current global economic situation and strengthening joint cooperation.
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Medvedev in China for BRICS summit - Apr 13, 2011
- Manmohan Singh wants nuclear summit to focus on terrorism, proliferation - Apr 09, 2010
- Manmohan Singh leaves for Brazil - Apr 14, 2010
- UN chief to attend nuclear security summit - Apr 10, 2010
- PM leaves for US, Brazil -- to attend summits (Lead) - Apr 10, 2010
- India important stakeholder in addressing n-security: PM - Apr 09, 2010
- PM leaves for US, Brazil - Apr 10, 2010
- A day in the life of summit-hopping Manmohan (Brasilia Diary) - Apr 16, 2010
- BRICS to sign pacts for trade in local currencies - Mar 26, 2012
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss Syria in Seoul - Mar 24, 2012
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh stops over in Frankfurt en route to U.S. - Apr 10, 2010
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- Prime Minister leaves for US, Brazil visit - Apr 10, 2010
- PM arrives in China - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: brazilian president, bric brazil, chinese president hu, dmitry medvedev, global economic situation, hu jintao, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, kremlin spokesman, lula da silva, manmohan, manmohan singh, nuclear materials, nuclear security, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ria novosti, russian president, security summit, washington summit