Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties ThursdayJune 16th, 2011 - 6:36 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will meet with his Chinese counterpart Hu Jintao Thursday to discuss trade and economic ties, Medvedev’s aide Sergei Prikhodko reported.
Hu’s visit to Russia started Wednesday and will last until Saturday. The Chinese leader is also expected to hold talks with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and visit St. Petersburg to attend the international economic forum.
“Special attention will be paid to development of trade and economic ties,” Prikhodko told journalists earlier.
He said bilateral trade in 2010 totaled nearly $60 billion, or 35 percent more than in 2009.
“China has for the first time become a leading foreign economic partner for Russia,” the Kremlin official said.
- Medvedev in China for BRICS summit - Apr 13, 2011
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Putin confirms Medvedev to be PM, given election win - Dec 02, 2011
- Karzai to visit Russia - Jan 20, 2011
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Putin, Obama discuss bilateral relations - May 10, 2012
- No instructions for UNSC meet on Libya: Medvedev's aide - Apr 27, 2011
- Anti-Putin protest thwarted by police - Feb 01, 2012
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss Syria in Seoul - Mar 24, 2012
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Putin begins state visit to China (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011
- Putin files papers for presidential bid - Dec 08, 2011
- Russia, China want fairer global economy: Lavrov - Jun 03, 2012
- Medvedev, Biden to meet in Moscow - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: bilateral trade, china, chinese counterpart, chinese leader, dmitry medvedev, economic forum, economic partner, economic ties, hu jintao, journalists, kremlin official, moscow, prime minister, ria novosti, russia, russian president, st petersburg, vladimir putin