Medvedev doesn’t mind abusive comments on TwitterMay 13th, 2011 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 13 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Thursday he does not mind that some people post abusive comments to his Twitter micro blog, saying some users need time to grow up.
“The fact is that Twitter is set up so that no one is banned. It was created in such a way that any person can tell anyone what he thinks about anything using the juiciest expressions. If you want, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, and if you want, you can say exactly the same to (US President Barack) Obama,” the president said, answering journalists’ questions about his attitude towards obscenities on Twitter.
He said that using rude words on the Internet is a matter of culture. “I guess it (Twitter) was not created for this, but if someone wants to express his emotions, I do not mind.”
The president said he is opposed to repressive measures against his micro blog’s readers since they should grow up on their own.
Medvedev, who styles himself as a technologically savvy leader, officially registered his Twitter account in June 2010 during a visit to Silicon Valley. More than 270,000 people are currently following him at MedvedevRussia on the micro-blogging site, while the English version, MedvedevRussiaE, has almost 100,000 followers.
In his Twitter blog, the president shares his views of events in Russia and abroad, posts photographs that he takes, and responds to questions asked by other Twitter users.
Medvedev’s Twitter and LiveJournal accounts have been named the best blogs in the Russian-language Internet in 2011.
- Russian president joins Facebook - Oct 20, 2011
- Russian president gains 1 mn online fans in 24 hours - Nov 11, 2011
- Russian president has over 77,000 Twitter followers - Jul 21, 2010
- Obscene tweet posted on Medvedev's Twitter account - Dec 08, 2011
- Medvedev has 1 mn Twitter followers - Feb 19, 2012
- Jobs changed the world: Medvedev - Oct 06, 2011
- Russian president sparks Twitter rush among his officials - Jul 16, 2010
- Medvedev accepts Schwarzenegger invite for skiing - Jan 04, 2011
- Medvedev praises development of internet - Apr 19, 2012
- Russian parliament approves internet blacklist bill - Jul 12, 2012
- Russia disagrees with G8 on internet development: Medvedev - May 28, 2011
- Russian orthodox church opens Facebook account - May 16, 2012
- Russian president's cat top trend on Twitter - Mar 29, 2012
- Schwarzenegger, Medvedev hit the gym - Oct 12, 2010
- Twitter recognises Russian-language keywords - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,