Medical intern criticised for teasing babiesJune 4th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 4 (IANS) A Chinese medical intern posted photos of her teasing new-born babies and holding them upright while their heads drooped, prompting action from authorities.
Xiao Shiyu, a student from Zhejiang Chinese Medicine University, posted photos showing her poking fun at sleeping newborns and placing paper-cuts to make a baby look like a pig, reported Shanghai Daily.
The photographs were accompanied with messages on Weibo.com that said “I almost died laughing” and “the babies are too small to resist my mischief”.
The tweets were criticised by net users and some doctors warned that a newborn’s neck is very weak.
“She violated medical ethics and hospital rules and caused bad social influence,” Zhejiang Chinese Medicine University has announced.
“We are investigating the case and will punish her accordingly.”
Xiao has now deleted the messages and photos and apologised saying: “I took those pictures because the babies were so adorable. I feel so sorry for damaging the reputation of the hospital and nurses. Please forgive my stupidity.”
- China probes forced abortion case after national outrage - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman delivers outside Guna hospital, pig tries to drag baby - Feb 23, 2012
- Fatally hurt, but Chinese driver saves lives - Jun 04, 2012
- Chinese social media users 'happier' than Westerners - Jun 28, 2012
- Year of Dragon stamp sparks debate - Jan 04, 2012
- China cracks down on online crime, over 1,000 held (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Chinese fans grieve loss of Whitney Houston - Feb 13, 2012
- Online plea gets police to escort sick baby in China - Mar 21, 2012
- 240 injured in Shanghai subway trains' accident - Sep 27, 2011
- Chinese netizens target nudes in classics - Jul 13, 2012
- Grief in China as girl who was run over dies - Oct 21, 2011
- Chinese street artist catapults to fame via microblog - Oct 18, 2011
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- A Chinese couple breaks up with flowers - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: apologised, authorities, beijing, chinese medicine, criticised, medical ethics, medical intern, medicine university, mischief, new born babies, newborns, nurses, paper cuts, pig, reputation, shanghai, social influence, stupidity, tweets, zhejiang