Mechanical problem hampers Karun’s GP2 raceJune 7th, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Istanbul, June 7 (IANS) Karun Chandhok of Team Ocean Racing Technology suffered mechanical problems in both his races at the GP2 Turkish Grand Prix Sunday, but set the fastest lap of the feature race.
Despite qualifying fifth, the Chennai-born Karun finished 13th in the feature race and 14th in the sprint event. He set the fastest lap timing of one minute, 36.679 seconds in the feature race.
A clutch problem forced him to start the feature race from the pit lane. He went on to set a series of quick laps before finally setting the fastest lap of the race. He moved up to 13th position and was looking good for a points finish until his engine started misfiring on the start-finish.
“Despite the the mechanical issues, I’m glad that we have turned a corner in terms of performance. I was in the top five in both practice and qualifying and set the fastest lap in the (feature) race. I just have to keep my head down and believe that our luck will change because the speed from Monaco and here shows that our day in the sun come very soon,” Karun said.
In the sprint race, Karun encountered similar problems and again started from the pit lane and ended in 14th position.
Karun and team-mate Alvaro Parente were quickest in the first free practice session.
- Motorsports: Karun and team in top 10 - Aug 25, 2012
- Motorsports: Karun, team fourth in Sao Paulo practice - Sep 14, 2012
- Karun seventh in GP2 feature race - May 24, 2009
- Karun's team 11th quickest at Le Mans - Jun 14, 2012
- Motorsport: Karun, team finish sixth at Le Mans - Jun 17, 2012
- Chandhok qualifies seventh for Six Hours of Silverstone - Aug 26, 2012
- Chandhok scores points in Valencia - Aug 23, 2009
- JRM finish 17th in Endurance race - Mar 18, 2012
- A stray dogs inaugural Indian GP practice run - Oct 28, 2011
- Chandhok set for Le Mans debut - Jun 14, 2012
- Karun finishes seventh in GP2 race - Aug 30, 2009
- World Endurance: Karun and team qualify eighth (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Force India's Sutil and Di Resta 8th and 12th at the German GP qualifying (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Chandhok eighth fastest in World Endurance qualifier - May 05, 2012
- Painful to watch race from sidelines: Karun Chandhok - Oct 25, 2011
Tags: chennai, clutch, day in the sun, feature race, free practice session, gp2, karun, lap timing, laps, mechanical issues, mechanical problem, mechanical problems, ocean racing, parente, pit lane, racing technology, sprint event, sprint race, team mate, team ocean