McQueen’s successor to design Kate Middleton’s wedding dress?March 7th, 2011 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
London. Mar 7 (ANI): Sarah Burton, Alexander McQueen’s creative director, is said have been chosen to design Kate Middleton’s wedding gown.
Middleton, 29, who chose her designer a couple of months ago, was under pressure to find a British couturier to champion home grown talent, reports the Daily Express.
Burton, 36, took over as the company’s creative head after McQueen’s suicide last year.
The label has a reputation for outlandish designs, though its wedding dresses have won plaudits for elegance, sharp tailoring and a sense of drama.
It is also reported that Burton, whose clients include Naomi Campbell Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga, was awarded the most-coveted commission in British fashion after impressing Kate with her designs.
At St James’s Palace, a senior royal aide said: “Catherine wants the identity of her designer to stay a secret until the wedding day, so most of us don’t know.”
McQueen’s chief executive Jonathan Akeroyd was said to have told a colleague that the company had won the job for the wedding on April 29.
But he insisted yesterday that the label was not involved. “No, not at all,” he said. “I would know if we were doing it.
When asked, Burton said: ‘I am not doing it’.” (ANI)
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Sunday Times reveals Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer - Mar 07, 2011
- Alexander McQueen label denies making Kate Middleton's wedding dress - Mar 07, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate weds in white Sarah Burton gown (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Judi Dench receives lifetime achievement award - Nov 09, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate's ex-designer 'upset' over double snub - May 01, 2011
- Major clue points at Sarah Burton being Kate's secret designer - Apr 29, 2011
- British royals may sue if designers make 'Kate Middleton' dresses - Jan 11, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: alexander mcqueen, april 29, british couturier, british fashion, colleague, creative director, creative head, daily express, elegance, kate middleton, lady gaga, michelle obama, naomi campbell, plaudits, sarah burton, st james, wedding day, wedding dress, wedding dresses, wedding gown