McDonald’s to pay Brazilian ex-employee $17,500 for weight he gained on the jobOctober 29th, 2010 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Oct 29 (ANI): Fast food giant McDonald’s will have to pay an ex-employee a hefty settlement for the weight he gained there.
The Brazilian ex-franchise manager will get 17,500 dollars from McDonald’s for his massive weight gain, which occurred over his 12-year employment at the restaurant chain, a judge ruled.
The man, whose identity has not been released, sued the company for the pounds he packed on, arguing that he felt pressured to eat the food every day as part of his job description,” reports the New York Daily News.
He said McDonald’s regularly sent “mystery clients” to conduct spot checks on the restaurant and report back on the food, so he had to make sure it was up to par.
McDonald’s also gave the employees free lunches, he said, which increased his daily caloric intake.
Judge said McDonald’s could appeal the ruling, and the company’s Brazilian headquarters said it was “weighing its legal options.” (ANI)
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- McDonald's net income goes down - Jul 24, 2012
- McDonald's introducing own degree for managers in UK - Nov 25, 2010
- McDonald's staff caught selling stale food - Mar 16, 2012
- McDonald's fined in Brazil for including toys in kids' meals - Dec 07, 2011
- McDonald's to give free fruit with every Happy Meal - Jul 27, 2011
- 3G Capital Acquires Burger King - Sep 03, 2010
- Dennis Quid gains 35 pounds to play Bill Clinton in new film - May 15, 2010
- Fast food menus with calorie info lead to lower calorie intake - Jan 25, 2010
- McDonald's franchisee to invest Rs.500 crore - Feb 21, 2011
- McDonald playing around with new chicken recipes - May 23, 2011
- McWedding: Weddings to take place soon at McDonald's - Oct 15, 2010
- McDonald's not dropping health benefits - Oct 01, 2010
- McDonalds Adamant On Continuing Healthcare Coverage For Base-Level Employees - Oct 01, 2010
- Snoop Dogg digs into junk food - Jul 19, 2011