McCullum reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire’s decisionMay 18th, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, May 18 (IANS) Kolkata Knight Riders captain Brendon McCullum has been ’severely reprimanded’ by match referee S. Venkatraghavan at a hearing for showing dissent at an umpiring decision during their Indian Premier League (IPL) match against Deccan Chargers.
After hearing all the evidence and reviewing the match footage at a hearing held Sunday, the match referee decided that McCullum and his team the Knight Riders were indeed guilty of showing dissent, as reported by the match umpires S. Ravi and Rudi Koertzen during the match against Deccan Chargers Saturday, IPL said in a statement.
On-field dissent by a player is a Level 1 offence and is a direct breach of the IPL Code of Conduct for Players.
Since it was McCullum’s first offence, he was let off with a severe reprimand, the statement said.
The incident occurred when Knight Riders bowler Mashrafe Mortaza was no-balled by umpire Ravi in the final over of the match as there were only three fielders in the 30 yards circle.
- McCullum reported for dissent against umpire's decision - May 17, 2009
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Knight Riders opt to bowl against Deccan Chargers - Apr 22, 2012
- IPL scoreboard: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Deccan Charger - May 17, 2009
- Munaf fined 25 percent of match fee - Apr 10, 2012
- Scoreboard: Knight Riders vs Kings XI, IPL - Apr 19, 2012
- Haddin fined for showing dissent at umpire decision - May 17, 2010
- Scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs Knight Riders, IPL - Apr 23, 2012
- Kohli reprimanded for 'showing dissent' on his dismissal - Dec 06, 2011
- Owais Shah reprimanded - May 19, 2012
- Johnson a great buy, says Harbhajan - Feb 04, 2012
- ICC fines Rampaul, reprimands Sammy - Jun 24, 2011
- Pietersen reprimanded for ICC conduct breach - Oct 30, 2011
- Super Kings bag Jadeja for $2 m in IPL Auction - Feb 04, 2012
- Scoreboard: Knight Riders vs Delhi Daredevils, IPL - May 08, 2012
Tags: breach, brendon mccullum, chargers, code of conduct, dissent, fielders, first offence, ipl, johannesburg, knight riders, kolkata, mashrafe mortaza, match, premier league, ravi, referee, reprimand, rudi, umpire