McCartney turns down Hilton’s request for a duetFebruary 10th, 2009 - 1:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 10 (IANS) Socialite Paris Hilton wanted to sing a duet with Paul McCartney at a Grammy’s post-show party and approached him, but The Beatles legend turned down her request.
Thesun.co.uk reports that she met McCartney and said: “I’d love to do a duet with you. I’m a singer too and have had an album out.”
McCartney politely declined saying there was no opening in his schedule.
“Sir Paul McCartney was minding his own business when Paris traipsed right up to him and introduced herself. He looked bemused, smiled and nodded - then stumbled out that he’d have to check his schedule. I don’t think we’ll be hearing the duet any time soon,” a witness said.
Hilton then complimented McCartney on his hair saying: “It’s just like in The Beatles. It’s so cute.”
- Paris Hilton wants to sing a duet with Macca - Feb 10, 2009
- Susan Boyle wants a duet with Paul McCartney - Nov 27, 2010
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- Macca 'grateful for renewed Lennon friendship' - Dec 12, 2010
- Macca, Oprah Winfrey hailed at Kennedy Center Honors - Dec 06, 2010
- Ono credits McCartney for saving her marriage - Oct 10, 2010
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Kevin Spacey joins Macca for Hey Jude duet - Jul 03, 2010
- No misinterpretation, I was just copying instructor: Depp - May 25, 2012
- Paul McCartney struggles with modern fame - Mar 07, 2012
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Yoko Ono credits Macca with saving her marriage to John Lennon - Oct 11, 2010
- Macca croons 'When I'm Sixty-Four' to Bill Clinton on 64th birthday - Aug 23, 2010
- When tipsy John Lennon played Beatles gig in his underwear - Jun 18, 2010