McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsementsFebruary 4th, 2011 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 4 (ANI): US Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) has said that he would “most likely” opt to keep himself away from endorsing any presidential candidate in 2012.
“I think I’m staying out of this for the first time in many years,” Politico quoted McCain, as saying.
On being asked if he would stay out of the race completely, McCain said: “most likely.”
If he really sticks to his decision, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee would hold himself back from endorsing his senate colleagues like John Thune, and Sarah Palin, who are still considering whether or not to join the race.
Potential Republican contenders for 2012 include Mitt Romney, who was McCain’s main rival in the GOP primary in 2008, Palin, Thune, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich and Tim Pawlenty. (ANI)
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Obama leads all potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: ariz, endorsements, gop, gop primary, john mccain, john thune, mike huckabee, mitt romney, newt gingrich, presidential candidate, republican contenders, republican presidential nominee, sarah palin, senate colleagues, senator john mccain, tim pawlenty, us senator