McCain fails to name Palin in GOP star listApril 15th, 2009 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr.15 (ANI): Former Republican presidential candidate John McCain seems convinced that his former running mate Sarah Palin is not in a list of dynamic governors in the country.
On Monday’s “Tonight Show,” Jay Leno asked the Arizona Senator to name the new guiding lights of the Republican Party, and McCain was quick to rattle off a list of “young, dynamic” governors around the country. Palin wasn’t one of them.
McCain singled out Louisana Governor Bobby Jindal, Florida Governor Charlie Christ, Minnesota’s Tim Pawlenty, and Mitt Romney.
In case anyone missed his conspicuous omission of Palin, McCain then added, “And I’ve left out somebody’s name, and I’m gonna hear about it.”
Rumors swirled late in the campaign of sniping between McCain’s people and Palin, some of it over 150,000 dollars worth of designer duds, plus hair and make-up, purchased for Palin and her family and paid for out of GOP National Committee coffers.
After news of the pricey makeover leaked out, both camps blamed the other for what amounted to a minor public relations fiasco, timed as it was with the eruption of a full-blown recession and contrasting sharply with Palin’s populist image as an average “hockey mom.”As recently as early April, Palin’s husband Todd called the decision to spring for the clothes “out of our control,” laying the blame solely on McCain’s strategists in an interview with Men’s Journal.
According to the New York Daily News, there were also reports of McCain aides calling Palin a “diva” and a “whack job” as the campaign wound to an close.
Since the election, Palin has defended herself against charges that her presence sank the Republican ticket. Less than a week after the votes were tallied, she said in an interview on NBC’s “Today” show, “I think the economic collapse had a heckuva lot more to do with the campaign’s collapse than me personally.”
McCain may not share her conviction. (ANI)
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Palin raising cash for McCain by offering donors chance to get clicked with her - Mar 09, 2010
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Sarah Palin ruined 2008 elections for Republicans, says Bush - Nov 06, 2010
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- Romney wins New Hampshire Republican Party Committee Straw Poll - Jan 23, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade support - May 01, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: arizona senator, bobby jindal, designer duds, economic collapse, florida governor charlie, guiding lights, hockey mom, jay leno, john mccain, mitt romney, new york daily news, public relations fiasco, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate john mccain, republican ticket, running mate, sarah palin, strategists, tim pawlenty, tonight show jay leno