Mayawati to launch Rs.2.5 bn projects in Braj MandalAugust 5th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 5 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati will Wednesday launch projects worth Rs.2.5 billion in Braj Mandal for pilgrims to the sites associated with Lord Krishna. Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) sources here said Mayawati was expected to visit Mathura Wednesday but due to pressing engagements, the foundation laying ceremony will now be held in Lucknow at her Kalidas Marg residence around 11 a.m.
At least Rs.780 million will be spent on widening roads for easy connectivity and pilgrim movement between Gokul, Barsana, Goverdhan, Dauji, Vrindavan and Mathura round the year.
In Vrindavan, a new hostel for the widows would be constructed, said the sources, adding Mathura would have a flyover and another hospital with 100 beds.
Every year the spots connected with Lord Krishna legend are visited by millions of people from over India and abroad.
- Rs.500 crore plan for holy Goverdhan hill - Apr 12, 2012
- AFTER 1 )Krishna land now an urban disaster (Letter from Mathura) - Aug 12, 2012
- A riot of colours in Vrindavan - Mar 08, 2012
- Holi revelry picks up momentum in Braj area (With Image) - Mar 15, 2011
- Millions throng Goverdhan for annual pilgrimage - Jul 15, 2011
- Millions throng Mathura, Vrindavan for special prayers - Apr 26, 2010
- Flooded Yamuna brings on Janmashtami fervour in Braj - Sep 01, 2010
- Braj turns yellow on Basant Panchami - Jan 28, 2012
- Joyous mood sweeps Braj bhoomi on Janmashtami - Sep 02, 2010
- Where Holi goes on for 50 days - Mar 07, 2012
- Hundreds of ascetics march to save Yamuna - Feb 27, 2011
- Packed with pilgrims, Lord Krishna's land dances to Holi - Mar 01, 2010
- 'Govardhan Hill should be world heritage site' - Jan 11, 2010
- Thousands of siblings take holy dip in Yamuna - Oct 28, 2011
- Devotees gather for 'Lath Mar' holi in Barsana - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, barsana, beds, chief minister, connectivity, engagements, flyover, hostel, India, lord krishna, lucknow, mandal, mathura, pilgrim, pilgrims, samaj, vrindavan, widows