Maximum internet child porns made in US, Russia: OfficialMarch 22nd, 2010 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia is the second largest producer of internet child pornography in the world after the US, a children rights official said here Monday.
“We need to combat the wave of crime that is polluting our cyberspace on the internet today. We need to use advanced technology and international cooperation,” said Pavel Astakhov, Russia’s ombudsman for children’s rights.
“Unfortunately, we are lagging behind the criminals who are constantly devising new ways of doing things. Modern internet technology allows you to change the web address you send such material from every 15 minutes.”
Astakhov called on the Russian government to join forces with other countries to set up a viable scheme to stem the spread of pornographic material on the internet.
There is a lack of cooperation between the state, social structures, and the people, who could be “indispensable” partners in reporting about illegal internet contents, he said and called for tougher cyber laws to tackle such crimes in the country.
According to Britain-based Internet Watch Foundation, the US and Russia host the majority of the world’s child abuse websites.
Around 5,000 websites were closed down in Russia in 2009 during a massive crackdown against internet pornography.
- Russia seeks access to US ranch for kids - Sep 21, 2012
- Russia to sign child adoption deals with European countries - Nov 15, 2011
- Russia to slash US adoption agencies - Jul 15, 2011
- Russian diplomat may adopt boy abandoned by US mom - Jun 01, 2010
- US couple jailed for killing Russian adopted son - Nov 19, 2011
- 17 held in Poland for child pornography - Aug 01, 2010
- Russia launches hotline to fight drug promotion - Jun 01, 2011
- US couple abandon adopted Russian boy - Apr 09, 2010
- Three kids dead, 15 hurt in Russia accident - May 14, 2012
- Russia may block YouTube over anti-Islam video - Sep 18, 2012
- 'Media magnifying teenage suicides in Russia' - Feb 21, 2012
- Russian parliament approves internet blacklist bill - Jul 12, 2012
- Russian fairytales for kids urged - Mar 29, 2012
- Russian Wikipedia protests censorship plans - Jul 10, 2012
- Russian internet blacklist to be kept secret - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: advanced technology, child abuse, cyber laws, hv, international cooperation, internet child pornography, internet contents, internet pornography, internet technology, internet today, internet watch foundation, massive crackdown, maximum internet, new ways, ombudsman, pornographic material, ria novosti russia, russian government, s child, social structures