Massive security arrangement for Benazir’s returnNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Bhutto is planning to return to Pakistan’s largest city, Karachi, which has been the scene of various terrorist attacks since Pakistan allied with Washington in the war on terror after the 9/11 attacks in the US.
Security personnel will be deployed at Karachi International Airport and along roads where Bhutto is expected to lead a rally, the official said.
“The police and Rangers will control all roads from the airport to where the rally leads,” the official said.
A special shipping container, fortified with bulletproof glass, has been prepared to provide Bhutto with security during the rally, the official said.
The authorities were confident of Bhutto’s safety, the Daily Times quoted him, as saying. (ANI)
- Pak arrests TTP mastermind behind Benazir's 2007 Karachi rally bomb blast - Jun 21, 2010
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- 'With 290 suicide attacks, Pakistan suffered most since 9/11' - Sep 09, 2011
- PCB out to prove it can provide fool-proof security - Sep 27, 2011
- 'Allegation against Musharraf of Benazir's murder ridiculous' - May 02, 2010
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Karachi killing: Guilty Rangers must be punished, says daily - Jun 11, 2011
- Pakistan governance has been a failure: Fatima Bhutto - Sep 30, 2011
- Zardari will remain in Pakistan: Official - Dec 21, 2011
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- Zardari's return may be cameo appearance, says NYT - Dec 20, 2011
- Malik should've told Benazir not to look out, says top cop - Dec 30, 2010
- Two police officers arrested in Bhutto murder case (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Benazir's former guard shot, target killings erupt in Karachi (Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- UN blasts Musharraf government for Bhutto death (Lead) - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: 9 11 attacks, anonymity, benazir, bhutto, bulletproof glass, city karachi, deployed, islamic militants, karachi international airport, largest city, maximum protection, pakistan, rally, security arrangement, security arrangements, security personnel, shipping container, taliban, terrorist attacks, war on terror