Massive fire in Dubai perfume factoryAugust 23rd, 2012 - 5:26 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 23 (IANS) A major perfume factory in Dubai was gutted in a huge fire Wednesday along with four warehouses, according to media reports. There were, however, no casualties in the incident.
The factory is located in an industrial district Ras al-Khor. The fire broke out in the afternoon and lasted about six hours. Fire brigades prevented it from spreading to an adjacent lubricant and mechanical garage, Xinhua reported.
A huge column of smoke rose above the industrial area near Dubai International Airport.
Police officers at the scene said no one was injured in the fire.
The cause of the fire may be people’s carelessness, such as a thrown-away cigarette, said a police official.
- Fire engulfs Karachi's cloth warehouse - Jan 06, 2012
- Fire destroys polymer factory in Bangalore - Sep 30, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Third Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 14th century castle gutted in blaze - Mar 13, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Godown, showroom gutted in Delhi (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Major fire in state power utility's warehouse - Feb 05, 2011
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Mumbai blaze guts three shopping plazas, three firemen hurt - Nov 26, 2011
- Two killed in fire at Andhra pharma factory - Dec 19, 2011
- Delhi rubber factory gutted, no casualties - Mar 26, 2011
- Fire in Punjab thread factory - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: airport police, al khor, carelessness, casualties, cigarette, dubai international airport, fire brigades, lubricant, massive fire, perfume factory, police officers, police official, six hours, warehouses, xinhua