Maruti Suzuki launches Swift DZire to replace EsteemMarch 26th, 2008 - 5:50 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 26 (ANI): Maruti Suzuki on Wednesday launched its new entry-level sedan Swift Dzire that will replace its earlier mid size sedan Maruti Esteem.
Dzire is the companys seventh model unveiled in the last three years.
Variants of the DZire will be available in the range of Rs 4.49 lakh to Rs 6.7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The petrol variant is being priced in the range of Rs 4.49 to Rs 5.9 lakh while the diesel one will be available between Rs 5.39 to Rs 6.7 lakh.
The DZire, which comes both in diesel and petrol engines, offers luxury feature options like integrated stereo, steering mounted audio controls, automatic climate control and power windows.
It also comes with safety features like Dual Airbags, ABS with EDB, collapsible steering column and an i-CATS anti-theft facility. Many of these features are being offered for the first time in this segment.
Managing Director of Maruti Suzuki, S Nakanishi said: Dzire has a special place in our product strategy. With growing incomes and better lifestyle, many Indians want to upgrade to a sedan. But today, they are not able to find an entry-level sedan that offers style, features and performance. The DZire offers all this, and at an attractive price.
The petrol version of DZire comes with a 1.3 litre, 16 valve, ALTec 32 engine, with a maximum 87 bhp at 6000 rpm. The diesel version comes with the 1.3 litre DDiS engine, offering a torque of 190 Nm at 2000 rpm.
DZire is offered in seven colours: Arctic White, Silky Silver, Clear Beige, Midnight Black, Bright Red, Azure Gray and Sovereign Blue. (ANI)
- Maruti Suzuki unveils new Swift DZire - Feb 01, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki launches SX4's diesel variant - Feb 22, 2011
- General Motors launches new Cruze model - Jun 27, 2012
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Tata Motors launches Indigo e-CS VX compact sedan - Sep 05, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches Ertiga, enters MUV market - Apr 12, 2012
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Toyota launches new variants of Corolla Altis sedan - Jun 16, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki launches premium sedan Kizashi - Feb 02, 2011
- Maruti ramps up car production to bring down waiting period - Feb 03, 2012
- Maruti plans to roll out SUVs and MPVs - Feb 03, 2012
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- New versions of Tata's Vista hatchback launched - Aug 23, 2011
- All India sale of Nissan hatchback Micra starts - Jul 15, 2010
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: arctic white, attractive price, automatic climate control, bhp, diesel version, feature options, incomes, lakh, managing director, maruti suzuki, mid size, nakanishi, New Delhi, petrol engines, power windows, product strategy, rs 6, safety features, steering column, style features