Market gutted in KabulJanuary 24th, 2011 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Jan 24 (IANS) A massive fire engulfed a market in the Afghanistan capital city Monday evening, and turned to ashes goods worth around $4 million, a media report said.The market in downtown Kabul caught fire around 5.30 p.m., a shopkeeper told Xinhua.
Fire fighters arrived at the site and were able to extinguish the blaze within an hour. The cause of the incident has not yet been known.
Another shopkeeper, Mohammad Aman, said saleable goods worth about $4 million got burnt.
- Furniture worth lakhs gutted in Chandigarh fire - May 15, 2012
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- 200 shops gutted in Kanpur - Apr 23, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Fire claims lives of pregnant woman, daughter - May 04, 2012
- Mumbai blaze guts three shopping plazas, three firemen hurt - Nov 26, 2011
- Shopping complex in Uttar Pradesh gutted, no casualties - Apr 06, 2011
- Candle factory goes up in flames - Jan 17, 2011
- One killed, four injured in Vadodara chemical factory fire in Vadodara - Nov 22, 2010
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- Mathura market fire destroys goods worth Rs.50 lakh - Feb 11, 2011
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- 10 dead in China mall fire - Jul 01, 2012
- 272 dead in Honduras prison fire - Feb 15, 2012
- Five trapped in Mumbai fire - Aug 09, 2012